GDT: Kraken @ Flyers, 10 Feb

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Ngl this was one of the stupidest breaks I've seen as an NHL enthusiast. An entire week since the All Star Game (yawn) and the Kraken are only now getting in their first game? What even is that?

1707589667030.png

Cal Petersen randomly resurfaces as a Flyer. Who knew?

Injuries...

1707589940563.png

Screenshots from Nitter, because Twitter sucks and wont show me Alison Lukan's recent tweets unless I log in with an account.

Flyers have played twice since the ASG, winning games against tough opponents FLA and WPG. I'll be honest, I dont know that I like the Kraken's chances in this one. First game back after a stupidly long break, playing a team that is back in form and really hot right now.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Finally a game. lol

As the OP said it seems like its been a couple weeks since we last played.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
The NHL does a masterful job of killing the momentum of a regular season.
I could understand it for a best on best tournament, as we’ll see next year, but the All Star Game is a joke that most players would rather not be at, and ten days between meaningful games turns off all but the most die hard fans.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, it's a mediocre team doing mediocre things and most likely ending up finishing around 10th place of the western conference, draft 12th - 14th OVR.

At least Joey seems to be able to keep his solid stats but overall the team just doesn't have the offensive firepower(that shooting percentage was not sustainable, but has regressed at an insane rate) to get out of the problems they create for themselves.

Next up will be a back-to-back at New Jersey and the Islanders before the Kraken are headed to Boston to finish that road trip on Thursday.

Might be more reactionary than anything but i kinda hope were sellers this year.

I would like for the Kraken to check what tjey can get for the UFA's even if we're winning a couple more games.

That would just be the smart business but I somehow doubt Francis does anything unless they're losing at least seven of those ten(including Philly) before the deadline.

Reactions: Sad People

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
That would just be the smart business but I somehow doubt Francis does anything unless they're losing at least seven of those ten(including Philly) before the deadline.

Pessimistic perhaps…but I think it’s conceivable they could lose their next 7 straight?

@NJ
@NYI (back to back)
@BOS
vDET
vVAN
vMIN
vBOS

Islanders are not in a playoff spot, and look like a reasonable shot at a win…but it’s the 2nd game of a back to back. Wings are in the last playoff spot in the East but are 7-2-1 in their last 10, while the Wild are 6-4 and are breathing down the Kraken’s neck with a roster that looks considerably better on paper.

And then round out the next 10 with PIT, EDM and CGY? No “gimmies” in any of these.

Like I said, pessimistic… but it wouldn’t exactly surprise me either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad