GDT: Kraken @ Bruins, 15 Feb

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Seattle hits Boston to take on the top team in the East.

1708021641943.png

Boston has lost 3 of their last 5, and 2 straight with losses to Washington and TB. No particularly noteworthy injuries to their squad.

For the Kraken, nothing new on PEB.

1708021524220.png

This will likely be a tough one. Also feels notable that Hak is going back to Daccord against a S-tier opponent, on the heels of Gru's spectacular game against the Islanders. Maybe reading too much into it, but the message feels a little like "Daccord is our #1 guy"?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Beating the Bruins in their lair is a tall order, but hope springs eternal. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game, but I will try to catch a replay.

Reactions: Knightmare88

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Daccord makes a spectacular save, Borgen puckwatching at the far post while two Bruins stand in front to bang in a rebound.

Now a powerplay for Boston…should be two but for another solid save and a missed one timer.

Nightmare start, getting dummied

Reactions: kihei

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
6 on 5 for the delayed penalty and Schwartz takes a unscreened slapshot from the faceoff dot for Seattles only shot…

Huge PP goal by Eberle!

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
This is more like it! McCann with a great chance but Swayman makes a really good save.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Among possible road first periods against that team, I'll take it 11 times out of 10.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
After the eight minute mark of the first period when we were outscored 1-0 and outshot 11-0, I almost gave up the ghost. Glad I didn't. What a performance by Daccord and what a night for Matty with his first three point game. I thought the save Joey made on Pasternak around the seven minute mark of the third was one of the best and most clutch saves I've seen all year. Not much is sweeter in hockey than an unexpected two points in the other guy's building.

I understand playing conservatively, but you could have generated some offense on that PP.
With only that amount of time left in the game? I loved the hockey application of North Carolina's "four corner" strategy.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Totally had a brain far today...nice to beat the Effing Bruins and Matty had a quite a game from what I saw on the score sheet

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00