GDT: Kraken at Stars, 18 Dec

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
First time seeing the Stars since last season's playoff ouster. Team is largely the same : added Duchene; Pavelski, Robertson and Hintz are still really good. 3W and 2L in their last 5 but have gotten thumped by VGK recently along with playing struggling teams like STL (OT loss Saturday night) and OTT (5-4 W Friday night) very close.

Dont know if my usual embed from the team's Twitter account will work; it's my understanding that those have been broken from Twitter's end recently?

1702922544704.png

Heard on Saturday night's Kraken game that Oettinger might have been injured; Wedgewood has been announced.

I havent seen any updates on Eberle (unknown return), Schultz (unknown return), Gru (24 Dec listed return) or Bura (unknown return). Will update when/if a Kraken goalie is announced.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My favorite NHL team vs. my least favorite. Go Kraken!

I watch a lot of random games around the league and now I'm trying to remember the last time I rooted for the Stars to win one. I came up with a blank. Maybe all the way back to Ed Belfour!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I watch a lot of random games around the league and now I'm trying to remember the last time I rooted for the Stars to win one. I came up with a blank. Maybe all the way back to Ed Belfour!

I stopped cheering for them the day they moved to Dallas. I was a North Stars fan growing up. I was pissed and as such have hated the stars ever since. Oddly the North Stars jersey I have is the one they used their last season in Minnesota, which was only changed by adding the state of Texas to the shoulder when they moved, so I sort of hate that jersey too.

Reactions: majormajor

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I liked the franchise well enough when Mike Modano played. The move to Texas royally pissed me off. Never paid much attention to them after that...until last year's ouster. So now I hate 'em, too.

Well, that didn't take long.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The D looked bad on that one. This is going way too easy for Dallas so far.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I thought the effort was better in the last ten minutes of the period, but, still, too many giveaways and odd man rushes. Dallas looked way the better team.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Tatar halves the lead at 32 seconds, but Duchene restores the lead a few minutes later.

Reactions: Pomee

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Third one is on Dumolin for that brainless half-power backhanded blind chuck up the boards directly into the Stars players stick, leading to the extended zone pressure, the delayed penalty, the longest 6 on 5 I’ve ever seen, and the eventual goal.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Just saw on the score sheet Tatar potted his first as a Kraken,Nice

Tatar halves the lead at 32 seconds, but Duchene restores the lead a few minutes later.
This team is looking like the First year team a bit with giving up goals right away after scoring themselves...yikes

Reactions: Pomee

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Terrific play by Eberle to set up Matty. Back withing one goal.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I thought the effort was better in the last ten minutes of the period, but, still, too many giveaways and odd man rushes. Dallas looked way the better team.
Its times like this when I think GMFrancis needs to blow things up and extra extra draft choices for coming UFA's

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I spent the first ten minutes of the game thinking "damn, we are just not that good" and the rest of the game thinking "wow, we can win this thing." Suffice it to say, the Kraken have finally shown up and an entertaining game has emerged.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Stuck with a Stars stream tonight, honestly not as bad as some (I particularly dislike listening to the Avs crew, such nonstop homers) but does make you realize how good Kraken fans have it. The team definitely nailed the broadcast crew imo…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad