GDT: Kraken at Senators, 4pm PST December 2, 2023

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Last seasons team was able to outsocre their problems/mistakes thanks to that insane team shooting percentage.

This years team doesn't have that kind of a team shooting percentage but keeps on making those mistakes.

We're currently 11th in the western conference while teams like Edmonton and Minnesota could still get past us thanks to all the games in hand they have.

Well, it's pretty easy to keep the Kraken to the outside, even in year three of their existence.

The only problem I see with that is the fact that the West still is crap and the Kraken might be "in the race" around the TDL.

Burakovxky has three more years left on his deal and missed half the games since joining the Kraken.
I doubt he'll be going anywhere, especially since he's also the only real playmaker the team has.

BTW: Looking at records for the Kraken after 25 games.

2021-22 --> 9-14-2 --> 20 points
2022-23 --> 15-7-3 --> 33 points
2023-24 --> 8-11-6 --> 24 points

Overall we're way closer to the inaugral season then last year.
I don't think the team is as bad as the first season but it shows that last year things were going our way a lot and that it's not sustainable.
I was expecting a regression based on everything you mentioned, but hope is a powerful drug.

Reactions: kihei and Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I mean, it’s reasonable (to my mind) that most of us anticipated regression…but not all the way back to a year 1 comparable.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
My idea of regression was about 12 points in the standings. Obviously, that is likely going to be way off. The worst thing, though, is this team doesn't have the fight of the inaugural year team. At least we used to be a tough out when we were losing. This year that seems to happen much less.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad