GDT: Kraken at Rangers, 16 Jan

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Rangers are the top team in the Metro currently. They're good.

1705427403821.png

Didnt waste time on the preamble so I could cut to Kraken injuries. Not much by way of updates, so just rattling off what Puckpedia scraped (mostly off Twitter) from the Penguins game. In no particular order...

Adam Larsson - D2D, illness

Vince Dunn - D2D, undisclosed

Matty Beniers - IR, UBI (21 Jan)

Burakovsky - D2D, LBI

PEB - IR, leg fracture (18 Jan)

Grubauer - IR, LBI (18 Jan)

Entries without a date are listed as "unknown" on Puckpedia. Obviously the Beniers injury is one to keep an eye on, Bura...I'm not sure what to say. Dude is an immense talent and tilted the ice last season when he was "on" but so far this season we havent really seen that player for even one game.

If there is one bright spot, the Rangers have been slumping a bit recently losing 4 of their last 5 before getting a win against the Caps on Sunday. They thumped the Kraken 4-1 back in October when Seattle was struggling.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Banged up bruised and a few men short the Seattle Kraken are ready or not to battle the "Gotham" city Rangers at the "Garden"! The Rangers are a another team that has played well in spurts and then not so well which is curious. Not sure what Kraken men on the Injury list will be available if any. During a back to back the other goalie in this case CDredger probably gets the start. Evans looked a little over his head playing top pairing. And now Larsson might be out? I expect Adam to suit up cause he's as tough as nails and our best all round D-man by a mile or is that kilometer for us Canadians...Not sure if Dunn is going to play but I hope he makes it out and plays a Tonne(Canadian) as usual,otherwise the Kraken will be in tough! Having Beniers go on IR wasn't the greatest of news... hope its a short time before he returns...As for the other players battling injuries...hope to see them also especially Burakovsky who can't seem to catch a break. The game starts at 4Pm Pacific,5 Mountain, January 16th,2024!Looking for a better effort from the Kraken in this tilt with the "BlueShirts"! Go Kraken Go!!!

Attachments

• seattle kraken.png
    seattle kraken.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 1

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Looks like Larsson is in but Dunn is out? I’m at work atm, have they mentioned what’s ailing him?

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Caught the last 3 minutes of the period on my phone. Looked a lot like the Kraken of October during that stretch. Hope it’s just a bad period.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Bad enough to play with an injury to 1 top player let alone 3...ouch!
It wasn’t that so much as they just seemed disorganized and low energy. The Rangers seemed to be skating rings around them, Kraken were making really sloppy passes (winning a DZone faceoff and immediately icing it for no reason), felt like they were unsure where each other were going to be on the ice…that sort of thing.

And I see the score is even worse at the 2nd intermission so I think I’ll sit down and enjoy dinner rather than rush something to catch the end of this one.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
One of those nights. Looks like I haven't missed much.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
One more road game (Edmonton) and then back to Seattle for four games. Maybe a little home cooking is just what the Kraken need at this point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad