GDT: Kraken at Capitals, 11 Jan

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Lot of Washington guys shaking their heads, including Ovie.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This is all beginning to feel a little unreal right now. After the first two and a half months of the season, we turn out to be this good? How long can Joey keep up his near flawless goaltending? I'm sure going to enjoy it while it lasts, though.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
This is all beginning to feel a little unreal right now. After the first two and a half months of the season, we turn out to be this good? How long can Joey keep up his near flawless goaltending? I'm sure going to enjoy it while it lasts, though.
Yessiree Bob

Joey made some absolutely INCREDIBLE saves, and the Kraken were lethal off of turnovers.
What a game!
Fun times...

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
That's eight in a row, while Joey keeps on making saves and the guys are able to score a bit more.

Overall the team has been able to turn it around by playing the kind of hockey people expected from us when they saw our roster after the expansion draft.
Solid defensively, grinding out wins trying to do that by 2-1 or 3-2 results.

The difference now is that they're scoring more and are winning more comfortably then they were at the start of the point streak.

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Crazy times in the NHL right now. A few teams are trying to make a jump. Nice winning streaks across the league...

Seattle 8
Edmonton 9
Winnipeg 8
Florida 9

The next potential clash with these streaks on the line (if they hold a few more games) would be Seattle at Edmonton on January 18th. Other than that matchup, none of the four teams will meet each other until March, at the soonest...which all four streaks will most likely be broken by then.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Crazy times in the NHL right now. A few teams are trying to make a jump. Nice winning streaks across the league...

Seattle 8
Edmonton 9
Winnipeg 8
Florida 9

The next potential clash with these streaks on the line (if they hold a few more games) would be Seattle at Edmonton on January 18th. Other than that matchup, none of the four teams will meet each other until March, at the soonest...which all four streaks will most likely be broken by then.

Wild stuff to be sure. Only 3 points separate the top Wild card spot in the west with the 6th spot, The West went from boring as hell to super exciting thanks to Seattle and Edmonton.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Also, who had Winnipeg and Vancouver as the top teams at this point in the season?

Nobody. If you say you did, you're a liar. Nobody on the planet at either of those two at the top of the NHL in mid-January. Nobody. I'm here for it. I like the Jets and I want the Canucks fans to stfu. Not sure how to do the latter... lol. I jest. I don't hate the Canucks. Not yet at least.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Can't remember where I saw it but, apparently, the Kraken had one of the toughest schedules for the first half of the season, but have the third easiest schedule for the second half. Hopefully that will mean more wins coming up here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad