Kraken and Free Agency

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Hey Kraken fans,

I have a quick question for the board. Has there been any talk from your management team about what the Kraken are planning on doing going into next season?

Is there a plan to go after high end free agents? Middle range? Stay the course? Tank for Bedard?

Thanks!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
You'll find all the answers in this thread.

Francis came out around the TDL and said we'll be aggressive in free agency and it seems like ownership wants him to speed up the building process.

Not sure if it happens though given the free agent class and who might even make it there.

Reactions: Bank Shot

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Hey Kraken fans,

I have a quick question for the board. Has there been any talk from your management team about what the Kraken are planning on doing going into next season?

Is there a plan to go after high end free agents? Middle range? Stay the course? Tank for Bedard?

Thanks!
Unlikely to tank for Bedard.

If we believe Francis, the organization is planning to be aggressive in FA. Given the available top-end FA's, their fit with the Kraken and how many even make it to FA, I doubt we go for the high-end ones. I expect that we acquire atleast one middle-range top-6 forward and maybe a proven D-first bottom-pairing D-man. They also have 7 2nd round picks in 2022 + 2023 so good chance some of them are moved in a trade(s).

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
There are some big names available. Guys like Forsberg, Goudreau, etc. could make a big difference. I don't think building by over paying old guys is the right way in the long run, but Kraken have cap space so a few good additions could definitely make this team more competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad