Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I went with Ryker Evans.

He doesn't have the pedigree of Sale and is a few years older but when it comes to defensemen like him I don't think that timetable matters. They can come out of nowhere and pop late. Not many had Adam Fox as an elite prospect (he was voted by HF around 45th best prospect just two years before winning the Norris).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I went with Ryker Evans.

He doesn't have the pedigree of Sale and is a few years older but when it comes to defensemen like him I don't think that timetable matters. They can come out of nowhere and pop late. Not many had Adam Fox as an elite prospect (he was voted by HF around 45th best prospect just two years before winning the Norris).
Plenty of late 1st rounders have busted, there's absolutely no guarantee with Sale. According to every scouting report, motivation is his biggest issue, and I find that a bit scary.

Tye and Ryker both seem highly motivated, both having something to prove. I missed the poll, but I would have gone with one of them because I think those 2 have the highest odds of having an NHL career based on what we know right now.

Of course the scouting report on Sale could be totally off base, but when scouts mention lack of compete factor, they are almost always right. It sticks out even with highly skilled players like Semin and Mantha.

Edit: I want to mention that both Semin and Mantha played to their draft positions, at least during their RFA years. However, they're not the type of players you want to sign long term past that, but by that point the team should have a good read on Sale's compete level. Note that Washington let Semin walk, and the Wings traded Mantha.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad