Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Changing clothes is offensive to you?

f26fbcd338b336078652f2ac732e6195809b887eefffb91352004fdaf81a9aea.jpg

:nod:

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
hint: no-one will know which side he is posturing for until he signs a contract

maybe a last ditch effort to get more out of the KHL on the eve of being able to sign an NHL contract.

maybe a way to put pressure on an NHL team (acquiring team and/or the Devils) to pay him more rather than lose him to the KHL.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
At this point who cares about this guy? He is 34yrs old, has likely slowed down a bit and isn't really all that important. I don't think he is going to bring something magical to whomever signs him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Rumors are that Kovy spoke to Columbus. It's also clear he met today with St. Petersburg. Why is that bad? Before a draft a GM is going to interview a bunch of players that he passes by. During FA a GM may contact multiple players in case the one he really wants goes somewhere else.

This is a person's career. Where he's going to live, for how long, at what compensation, matters. It would be silly if he didn't explore all options.

Is it possible he knew/knows all along he was going to resign in the KHL (if he does decide that) and was using the NHL as leverage to get a better deal? Yes.

So what? Fans want their GMs to do whatever they can to get the best deal in a trade or in a signing. That's absolutely what a GM should do.

But it's also what a player should do. Kovy has 3 or 4 years of hockey left and I don't think the salty tears of HFs board users are going to keep him from making what he thinks is the best decision for himself.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Yawn.

Play here. Play there.

I really couldn't care less.

My only concern is that I don't want thus guy on the Leafs.

I also thought the trade props on behalf of Devils Nation were a bit nuts, but who cares?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad