Proposal: Kovalchuk/Ladd+ swap

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
No way. Kovy is clutch. Not trading for Ladd unless we got a 1st rounder and Ho Sang.

Don't think many would be opposed to giving Ho-Sang and maybe a defensive prospect or lesser pick, 1st is unlikely.

If Kovy isn't nearly as bad as he is made out to be, based on the LAK fans input, just keep him and see if he can get it together.

I play rec league and 7 guys on my team are Kings fans, they all hate him but maybe they have no idea what they are talking about.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Don't think many would be opposed to giving Ho-Sang and maybe a defensive prospect or lesser pick, 1st is unlikely.

If Kovy isn't nearly as bad as he is made out to be, based on the LAK fans input, just keep him and see if he can get it together.

I play rec league and 7 guys on my team are Kings fans, they all hate him but maybe they have no idea what they are talking about.
He had a bad stretch after WD took over and injuries. Some fans thought it was a bad signing based on the collapse to Vegas and that the Kings were not contenders. For six mil a year I expect 30-30-60 numbers. This year, all the Kings numbers plummeted so it’s hard to gauge really. He is not the old Kovy but he is in great shape and still has top notch skills. Seems like a good teammate too. The last stretch of games he has been one of the better forwards.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Would Winnipeg be interested? Ex Atlanta Thrasher, going to where his old Club went to after Team Move? ? ?
He’d have to wave to go there. Jets are contenders and he seems to want a legit shot at a cup. Guess he thought LA were contenders too. Or he just wanted the extra year.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I was thinking JHS + 2nd rounder. Not sure about a 1st.

Value wise, I suppose that's fair, but I don't think I could make that move. Kovy's term is okay and he is performing well for the Kings. A 1st rounder would really move the ball, but I understand why the Islanders would not want to give up their 1st.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
No one wants ladd. Kovy's contract is terrible also but at least he is playing. Why would they move a crappy contract for a crappy contract.

edit*

Kovys contract and term are not "okay" they are just not as bad as the nuclear waste dump that is ladd's.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Not opposed to trading ho sang and first, but if we are putting them in a bundle to dump cap with ladd I don’t want to come back with 6 mil in return if it’s not worth it. Save the cap and put it towards a better free agent like pan or stone

gambitlebo

Apr 28, 2006
What would the Isles have to add in order to get this done? It's a swap of bad contracts, but Kovalchuk has 2 years less remaining at 0.75m/year more. Both are slightly frontloaded.

The Kings aren't looking to move Kovi just to move him. It would be to get younger/faster and/or rebuild their pipeline. Same way Muzzin wasn't traded just to get rid his contract, because he wasn't playing well or was a problem in the room.

I don't think swapping 1 bad contract for another would interest them at all unless it was an expiring contract and came with some other pick/young player. After all, Kovalchuck has 9 points in the last 11 games or something along those lines. Of course, he might just be playing hard to attract the attention of a contender?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No way. Kovy is clutch. Not trading for Ladd unless we got a 1st rounder and Ho Sang.

Ha. Team heading for a top-5 pick and ultimately rebuild, but "Kovy is clutch." Awesome.

Tell you what...Isles will just give you Ho-Sang to take Ladd's full contract. Kovy not needed. Deal?

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Ha. Team heading for a top-5 pick and ultimately rebuild, but "Kovy is clutch." Awesome.

Tell you what...Isles will just give you Ho-Sang to take Ladd's full contract. Kovy not needed. Deal?
I wouldn’t call Kovy clutch but he still is good. Just like we said Muzzin is good. Goes out east and it’s like where did he come from all of a sudden.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
ladd has the worst contract in the league so I'd agree that you can have him and ho-sang for a few old goalie nets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad