KOTR's Fan Base Mock (Your pick is made)

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Shot out and stealing this idea that was never followed through by Candy Canes. Thought it would be interesting to try it again as I liked the idea originally. Also a chance to change history if you voted in the last go round. Trying to make it through the entire first round before the draft.

Currently on the clock: New Jersey (Your pick was made on 5/25/15)

Rules:

I will be making posts on teams main forums, so look out for yours when your team is up to pick! When the team is up to pick, the fans of that team will post their player they want drafted with that pick. After about 24 hours at 8:00 AM (Pacific) the player that was said the most on the forum will be the team's selection! If a tie breaker happens to be needed I will give that team extra time until the next vote is cast.

-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.
-Please make your pick clear and separate your commentary where possible.
-Thanks for participating.

1-EDMONTON=Connor McDavid
2-BUFFALO=Jack Eichel
3-ARIZONA=Dylan Strome
4-TORONTO=Noah Hanifin
5-CAROLINA=Mitch Marner
6-NEW JERSEY=Matthew Barzal
7-PHILLY
8-COLUMBUS
9-SAN JOSE
10-COLORADO
11-FLORIDA
12-DALLAS
13-LA
14-BOSTON
15-CALGARY
16-EDMONTON
17-WINNIPEG
18-OTTAWA
19-DETROIT
20-MINNESOTA
21-BUFFALO
22-WASHINGTON
23-VANCOUVER
24-TORONTO
25-WINNIPEG
26-MONTREAL
27-ARIZONA
28-PHILLY
29-ANAHEIM
30-TAMPA BAY

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm just going to say this and walk away :)

Provorov the defenseman scored 3 more goals than Barzal the scoring forward in the "W" this year (albeit in 16 more games but we are talking Dman vs Center. And the goals per game is .25 vs .27 in favor of Barzal)

Not high on smallish players that can't score.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I'm just going to say this and walk away :)

Provorov the defenseman scored 3 more goals than Barzal the scoring forward in the "W" this year (albeit in 16 more games but we are talking Dman vs Center. And the goals per game is .25 vs .27 in favor of Barzal)

Not high on smallish players that can't score.
I'm not a big fan of Barzal either, but I can't justify taking a defenseman or any of the other forwards at this spot. Trade down, nab a second and still get Zacha.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm not a big fan of Barzal either, but I can't justify taking a defenseman or any of the other forwards at this spot. Trade down, nab a second and still get Zacha.

I would be in favor of this I think... all year I've been saying that you don't trade down here but if you can stay in the top 10 and pick up another 2nd in the 30's, I'd pull the trigger on that deal...

Two 2nd rounders in the 30"s can easily get you back into the first round also. And just keeping all 3 second rounders wouldn't be a terrible option either.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I like the idea of working out a trade option between fan bases but that might be something I try next year. Maybe with only involving draft picks. The teams above NJ didn't get the option so I'm going to continue with just making selections at the teams spots. In all likelihood the real draft will probably have a couple trades but the idea is to see how far/close the consensus is to the actual thing.

Last time this was done (about a month ago) the consensus was Barzal. Any reason that should change now?

Last edited:

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I would be in favor of this I think... all year I've been saying that you don't trade down here but if you can stay in the top 10 and pick up another 2nd in the 30's, I'd pull the trigger on that deal...

Two 2nd rounders in the 30"s can easily get you back into the first round also. And just keeping all 3 second rounders wouldn't be a terrible option either.

A 36 and ~39(assuming we trade back and snag it from San Jose for example) would probably move us up to 25-30 area. I think I'd rather have 3 from 36-41 than just 41 and a pick in the late 1st. I feel like the players available from 20-40 could go anywhere so it's a better option to keep all 3 if we were to trade back IMO.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I like the idea of working out a trade option between fan bases but that might be something I try next year. Maybe with only involving draft picks. The teams above NJ didn't get the option so I going to continue with just making selections at the teams spot. In all likelihood the real draft will probably have a couple trades but the idea is to see how far/close the consensus is to the actual thing.
Does Philly, Columbus or San Jose have their 2nd? And would they be interested? I would limit my trade down to those 3 teams.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
A 36 and ~39(assuming we trade back and snag it from San Jose for example) would probably move us up to 25-30 area. I think I'd rather have 3 from 36-41 than just 41 and a pick in the late 1st. I feel like the players available from 20-40 could go anywhere so it's a better option to keep all 3 if we were to trade back IMO.
Good points...and I agree, but if someone is there at 25-30 that you're really high on I think you do it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My instinct is Zacha. Don't count that though because I'm not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad