Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock (Your pick has been made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm surprised with all the rantanen love... I have seen basically 0 of him so I would have to go with meier...Merkley a close 2nd

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I'm surprised with all the rantanen love... I have seen basically 0 of him so I would have to go with meier...Merkley a close 2nd

I sort of gave up on landing him after we finished with the 11th pick. if he makes it to 11 at the draft I'll be surprised.

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Rantanen

Big body, smart and will complement our forwards with a C/RW that can mesh with Barkov in the long run.

Doubt he falls that low, but if Mikko is picked before the 11th spot is up than I say Meier is my second choice.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Come on guys... We can't let Rantanen slip past us !

I know it's a little game and it doesn't imply anything...

But Rantanen is a sure-fire top-10 pick, some would even say that he is arguably a top-5 pick.

Kid is a much much better prospect than Meier (who I like too), I'm not saying Timo is a bad pick... I'm only saying that Rantanen should be the obviously choice here !

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Rantanen brings nothing unique that we don't already have on the ice in Barkov. Meier, Zacha or Konecny each bring something unique, like a sharpshooter mentality, excellent releases, speed and elusiveness. If we draft Rantanen then its only because our scouts see him fitting with 16 and 11 once Jagr expires. I could see that because we know now that 11 and 16 play a possession game and not really a speed/transition attack game. They're most dangerous with the puck in the offensive zone for extended time. I guess Rantanen fits the bill to replace Jagr. I hope Zacha drops to us. I think he's a better candidate for the top line RW.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Rantanen brings nothing unique that we don't already have on the ice in Barkov. Meier, Zacha or Konecny each bring something unique, like a sharpshooter mentality, excellent releases, speed and elusiveness. If we draft Rantanen then its only because our scouts see him fitting with 16 and 11 once Jagr expires. I could see that because we know now that 11 and 16 play a possession game and not really a speed/transition attack game. They're most dangerous with the puck in the offensive zone for extended time. I guess Rantanen fits the bill to replace Jagr. I hope Zacha drops to us. I think he's a better candidate for the top line RW.

Rantanen brings nothing unique ? Are you kidding me ?

Excellent release ? Check.

Speed ? Check.

Elusiveness ? Check.

Just because people are afraid to draft another playmaker doesn't make up for the large difference of potential between Rantanen and what's left...

If posters here identify Rantanen as a simple playmaker, then you should stop going on HockeysFUTURE...

It's like not picking Barzal if he fell because the kid is seen as a playmaker...

The way Rantanen drives to the net, he will score goals in the NHL, don't worry !

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
There is an extremely small chance that Rantanen falls to us. He's too good. That said, just for fun, if you are unsure about what type of player he is and what type of impact he could make, check out a short video of his play at the WJC at least to get an idea of his style.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
There is an extremely small chance that Rantanen falls to us. He's too good. That said, just for fun, if you are unsure about what type of player he is and what type of impact he could make, check out a short video of his play at the WJC at least to get an idea of his style.

yep. No way he makes it past 10 if he even makes it there. Avalanche are very thin when it comes to right wing prospect depth.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
yep. No way he makes it past 10 if he even makes it there. Avalanche are very thin when it comes to right wing prospect depth.

It is highly possible !

This just further proves the point I'm hammering since we got the 11th pick !

One of Crouse, Rantanen, Barzal or Zacha will fall to us... Just pick one of those and run away laughing !

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
It is highly possible !

This just further proves the point I'm hammering since we got the 11th pick !

One of Crouse, Rantanen, Barzal or Zacha will fall to us... Just pick one of those and run away laughing !

Agreed that one of those 4 should be the pick. I don't think we should be looking at Meier or Konecny very seriously. Only way all 4 of those are gone is if Werenski falls, which, though many may not like to hear it, would perhaps be the best pick in that spot.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Agreed that one of those 4 should be the pick. I don't think we should be looking at Meier or Konecny very seriously. Only way all 4 of those are gone is if Werenski falls, which, though many may not like to hear it, would perhaps be the best pick in that spot.

We won't do it. I just can't see it happening.

No way Rantanen makes it past Colorado. I don't see how you can say we shouldn't be looking at Meier seriously. I can understand Konecny, but if Zacha and Rantanen are gone, which is very possible, then Meier is a very possibility.

I just can't wait for this draft. Each pick in the top 15 after mcdavid and eichel can go soo many different ways.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
We won't do it. I just can't see it happening.

No way Rantanen makes it past Colorado. I don't see how you can say we shouldn't be looking at Meier seriously. I can understand Konecny, but if Zacha and Rantanen are gone, which is very possible, then Meier is a very possibility.

I just can't wait for this draft. Each pick in the top 15 after mcdavid and eichel can go soo many different ways.

If Zacha and Rantanen are gone then who's available? One of Barzal (unlikely), Crouse (unlikely), or Werenski (unlikely). Whichever one falls should be the pick imo. I think Zacha will be the one to get by the top 10. Therefore, I think he should be the pick but I'm not sure that Dale will pull the trigger on him.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
If Zacha and Rantanen are gone then who's available? One of Barzal (unlikely), Crouse (unlikely), or Werenski (unlikely). Whichever one falls should be the pick imo. I think Zacha will be the one to get by the top 10. Therefore, I think he should be the pick but I'm not sure that Dale will pull the trigger on him.

If Zacha and Rantanen are gone, then the pick should be Meier. One or two of Crouse, Barzal, and Werenski will be available as well, but we don't need another playmaking center and we don't need another defenseman. Crouse could be an option but I personally don't know how I feel about him.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
If Zacha and Rantanen are gone, then the pick should be Meier. One or two of Crouse, Barzal, and Werenski will be available as well.

Don't think we should take Meier over one of those three. He's just not better than any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00