Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft (Your team is on the clock #28)

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Shout out and stealing this idea that was never followed through by Candy Canes. Thought it would be interesting to try it again as I liked the idea originally. Also a chance to change history if you voted in the last go round. Trying to make it through the entire first round before the draft.

Currently on the clock: Tampa Bay (Your pick has been made)

Rules:

I will be making posts on teams main forums, so look out for yours when your team is up to pick! When the team is up to pick, the fans of that team will post their player they want drafted with that pick. After about 24 hours at 8:00 AM (Pacific) the player that was said the most on the forum will be the team's selection! If a tie breaker happens to be needed I will give that team extra time until the next vote is cast.

-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.
-Please make your pick clear and separate your commentary where possible.
-Thanks for participating.

The entire mock will be updated on the Mock Board section under KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft.

1-EDMONTON=Connor McDavid
2-BUFFALO=Jack Eichel
3-ARIZONA=Dylan Strome
4-TORONTO=Noah Hanifin
5-CAROLINA=Mitch Marner
6-NEW JERSEY=Matthew Barzal
7-PHILLY=Ivan Provorov
8-COLUMBUS=Zach Werenski
9-SAN JOSE=Pavel Zacha
10-COLORADO=Lawson Crouse
11-FLORIDA=Mikko Rantanen
12-DALLAS=Kyle Connor
13-LA=Timo Meier
14-BOSTON=Travis Konecny
15-CALGARY=Nick Merkley
16-EDMONTON=Jeremy Roy
17-WINNIPEG=Evgeni Svechnikov
18-OTTAWA=Brock Boeser
19-DETROIT=Thomas Chabot
20-MINNESOTA=Joel Eriksson Ek
21-BUFFALO=Colin White
22-WASHINGTON=Denis Guryanov
23-VANCOUVER=Jakub Zboril
24-TORONTO=Oliver Kylington
25-WINNIPEG=Jansen Harkins
26-MONTREAL=Noah Juulsen
27-ANAHEIM=Daniel Sprong
28-TAMPA BAY=Jacob Larsson
29-ARIZONA
30-PHILLY

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Trying to follow this idea through the first round.

Please make your pick clear i.e.:

McDavid

Commentary can go under it like this.

Thanks again for participating.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Here's the best 10 still available from Bob McKenzie's rankings with Craig Button's scouting reports

19: G - Ilya Samsonov (MHL)
Projection: #1 Goalie
NHL Comparble: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Combines essential elements of size and athletic ability to be imposing in the net and make scoring difficult. He is very aware and reads the play well and is quick to close down the net. An ultra competitor who never gives up on a play. With normal technical refinement, he can become a star.
20: LW/C - Paul Bittner (WHL)
Projection: #2 Skilled winger
NHL Comparble: James van Riemsdyk

Bittner is a good, effective winger who complements top line players. He’s smart and reads the play very well and understands how to take advantage of his linemates’ skills and at the same time contribute with his own. A good passer with a good shot and utilizes his size to gain advantages. The combination of skill and size is always coveted.
22: D - Brandon Carlo (WHL)
Projection: #3-4 Defensive defenseman
NHL Comparble: Braydon Coburn

A smooth, mobile defending type defenceman. He can break up the cycle and gain possession for his team. He takes space away from opponents and is a difficult player to break down because of his skating. Has a real steadiness to his play and goes about his tasks in a nondescript manner. Effective moving puck but not considered an offensive contributor.
27: D - Gabriel Carlsson (Swe-J20)
Projection: #4 Defensive defenseman
NHL Comparble: Jonathan Ericsson

Gabriel is a big, mobile defenceman who can defend and take up space. Very smart in his positioning and makes good, clean outlet passes. His game is based on having a real good base of defending and ensuring his team can close down the opponents’ cycle and exit the defensive zone quickly and efficiently. Lots of projection but potential is very good.
28: LW - Jake Debrusk (WHL)
Projection: #2 Offensive winger
NHL Comparble: Ondrej Palat

Jake is smart and reads the play well. He gets chances for himself but also creates them for others. You can describe him as an ‘after it, on it’-type player who finds ways to be productive and gets invested in the hard areas of the game. Has continued to grow, both literally and figuratively, and this along with his versatility makes his potential very high.
31: D - Jacob Larsson (Swe-J20)
Projection: #2-3 Two-way defenseman
NHL Comparble: Dan Hamhuis

Larsson is very smart and poised and makes plays under pressure. A very good passer who gives you the puck in good time. Doesn’t pass along his problems and finds good options when he has the puck. His skating is solid and he maneuvers well to gain strong defensive positioning and to take advantage offensively. Ideally suited to today’s NHL.
32: D - Jonas Siegenthaler (Swiss2)
Projection: #4 Defensive defenseman
NHL Comparble: Simon Despres

Jonas is a very effective, workmanlike defender who competes and is a real challenge to play against. Uses his body well and gets into opponents’ space, closing them off. Improving his puck play will allow him to make cleaner passes and better exits from defensive zone and not make for unnecessary defensive work.
34: C/RW - Jack Roslovic (USHL)
Projection: #2-3 Industrious winger
NHL Comparble: Chris Kunitz

His game can be described as complementary but he carries a lot of strong play on his own. Plays a straight ahead, competitive game and he reads the game and reads off his line mates very well and then makes the play that gets the most out of the situation. Can play all situations and he doesn’t allow himself to be denied.
35: G - Mackenzie Blackwood (OHL)
Projection: #1 Goalie
NHL Comparble: Brayden Holtby

Blackwood possesses a very good base of goaltending skill. His mobility and lateral agility is good and he moves well around his net in reading the play and utilizing his size to his advantage. At times he gets caught deep in the net, creating unnecessary vulnerability but is certainly an aspect that can be developed and allow him to be a very good goalie.
36: D - Vince Dunn (OHL)
Projection: #4-5 Two-way defenseman
NHL Comparble: Trevor Daley

Dunn is a very good skater who moves fast and can take advantage of offensive opportunities. Very confident in his skating and he is a catalyst for creating chances. His skating can make up for mistakes but development requires him to eliminate the unnecessary ones.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Here's the best 10 still available from Bob McKenzie's rankings with Craig Button's scouting reports

19: G - Ilya Samsonov (MHL)

20: LW/C - Paul Bittner (WHL)

22: D - Brandon Carlo (WHL)

27: D - Gabriel Carlsson (Swe-J20)

28: LW - Jake Debrusk (WHL)

31: D - Jacob Larsson (Swe-J20)

32: D - Jonas Siegenthaler (Swiss2)

34: C/RW - Jack Roslovic (USHL)

35: G - Mackenzie Blackwood (OHL)

36: D - Vince Dunn (OHL)

I take Ilsa Samsonov then Jacob Larsson then Jake Debrusk

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'll take Samsonov.

i think we might drop back a bit and take him early in second he has a 3 year deal with mhl russia i thought he is 6'3 already 200 pounds and from the limited action ive seen of him he is a good young kid

i like we could develop him overseas and that steve is not scared of the russian factor he might wind up very good in 3-4 years

everything ive read is positive on him drop back to like 35th pick pick up another asset pick him up i think cause of his signing the russian factor he falls to that range

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bittner, not sold on him but good value at that spot. Trade Hart's rights for a 4th and draft Matteo Gennaro with the pick, Paquette type player. Hopefully one of the Swedes fall to Boston pick or Dunn if not Roope Hintz.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bittner Beware
"The big concern is that Bittner undoubtedly played in the single most favourable situation any forward in the WHL could have had: on the wing with Nic Petan and Oliver Bjorkstrand. The two diminutive WHL superstars lit the league on fire this season, with Bjorkstrand finishing the year as the first WHLer to score over one goal per game since Pavel Brendl did it in 1998-99, and Petan leading the league in assists per game once again.
Certainly, Bittner was put in a position to not only score, but score a ton. So it's more than fair to pose the question if Bittner's already not-earth-shattering offensive numbers were even a result of his abilities, or the abilities of his two superstar linemates." The Nation Network.
See WHL focused rankings here... http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2015/05/final-whl-rankings-2015-nhl-draft.html

Note: Debrusk scored 42 goals on a so/so team in the dub and finished behind only Merkley in draft eligible players. He certainly did not have Petan and Bjorkstrand playing with him.

Not saying ... just saying there are some red flags around Bittner.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bittner Beware
"The big concern is that Bittner undoubtedly played in the single most favourable situation any forward in the WHL could have had: on the wing with Nic Petan and Oliver Bjorkstrand. The two diminutive WHL superstars lit the league on fire this season, with Bjorkstrand finishing the year as the first WHLer to score over one goal per game since Pavel Brendl did it in 1998-99, and Petan leading the league in assists per game once again.
Certainly, Bittner was put in a position to not only score, but score a ton. So it's more than fair to pose the question if Bittner's already not-earth-shattering offensive numbers were even a result of his abilities, or the abilities of his two superstar linemates." The Nation Network.
See WHL focused rankings here... http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2015/05/final-whl-rankings-2015-nhl-draft.html

Note: Debrusk scored 42 goals on a so/so team in the dub and finished behind only Merkley in draft eligible players. He certainly did not have Petan and Bjorkstrand playing with him.

Not saying ... just saying there are some red flags around Bittner.

I'm not expecting much offense from Bittner but we need some size in the lineup. Hart has really stalled in development and I question if he even gets signed anymore. We are lacking big bodies in our forward group.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
There's a lot of quality defenders who'll be available in the 2nd round to where I would go forward in the 1st. If one of the Swedes fall maybe we can package the Boston 2nd + one of our 4th's to move to the early 30's and get one.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Take the highest ceiling player - seems to be the goalie. Don't know much about him...but drafting for need - I'd take a big bodied center. But of course I like and prefer drafting highest ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad