JK vs EP

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Someone got really butthurt on that other Kotkaniemi thread I see.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
At age of Kotkaniemi, Pettersson play in SHL lol. Kotkaniemi is Barkov 2.0. Barkov > Pettersson ;)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think the word you're looking for is dominated.

Yeah, Pettersson is amazing. But it's too early to say Pettersson is better. Now yes, because is 20 years old. Kotkaniemi have 17 years old in July. Kotkaniemi play very good at defensive zone. He got amazing offensive talent too. Both are amazing center and they are going to dominant at their position. But in my mind, Kotkaniemi is going to be a better player. Close, but better player.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Pettersson's speed and vision sets him apart. He'll be flirting with 100 point seasons almost every season, can't say the same for Kotka.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
EP

Kotka has a nice shot though but its really nothing special

chewbaccaman

Aug 31, 2018
Seattle
Pettersson's speed and vision sets him apart. He'll be flirting with 100 point seasons almost every season, can't say the same for Kotka.
Not just his speed and vision, literally every aspect of Pettersson's game is a higher level than Kotkaniemi's. Habs fans give me one area of Kotka's game that is better than Pettersson's.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Actually, Pettersson started playing in the NHL at 19. This is his draft +2 season.

And he won the SHL MVP as an 18 year old...
Pettersson won SHL MVP as a 19 year old and he turned 20 one month into the season. Stop trying to push a false narrative. You're spreading false information.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
My mistake, I thought he was two years older.

Point still stands, though. If you’ve been watching Kotkaniemi, you have to be impressed and interested to see what he’ll do at the same stages.
You didn't make a mistake. He's about two years older (20 months). Pettersson was less then two months away from being eligible for the 2016 draft.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Kotka also played in a pro league at the age of 17. Pettersson didn't do that until his age 19 season. Kotka has the edge on EP defensively and they are even playmaking-wise. In 20 months Kotka will be way closer to EP.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Kotka also played in a pro league at the age of 17. Pettersson didn't do that until his age 19 season. Kotka has the edge on EP defensively and they are even playmaking-wise. In 20 months Kotka will be way closer to EP.
They are not even playmaking-wise. Petey is clearly a better playmaker.

Reactions: Szechwan

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

Pettersson's also played against men since he was 17.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
This really makes no sense. For example Pettersson maybe didn't play in the NHL in his D+1, but Hischier did and Nico was far more impressive last year than Kotka is this year.
Now in their d+2 EP has made the jump and is better than Nico (who is still on a great trajectory and constantly improving). Don't see how Kotka can be better than EP and the comparison really makes no sense.

Hischier played 3 minutes more and with Hart trophy winner Taylor Hall. I actually think that Kotkaniemi have been more impressive than Hischier last year.

Answer to this poll is obviously Pettersson. I think he is overhyped by some of the Canucks fans but i think he is going to be top 5 C if not top 3.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Hischier played 3 minutes more and with Hart trophy winner Taylor Hall. I actually think that Kotkaniemi have been more impressive than Hischier last year.

Answer to this poll is obviously Pettersson. I think he is overhyped by some of the Canucks fans but i think he is going to be top 5 C if not top 3.

LOL. Nico had a D+1 that is comparable to guys like Hall, Stamkos, Tavares, etc, but somehow Kotka is having a more impressive season? Lay off the drugs buddy, because that's one of a the most asinine things I've ever heard.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
LOL. Nico had a D+1 that is comparable to guys like Hall, Stamkos, Tavares, etc, but somehow Kotka is having a more impressive season? Lay off the drugs buddy, because that's one of a the most asinine things I've ever heard.

Point production is not best way to evaluate their seasons because they were in complitely different situations. Nico played with Hart trophy winner and main thing was primary scoring for his team. Kotka is playing with Lehkonen and Armia their main thing is to shut down other lines and give secondary scoring. I think Kotka have looked better than Nico last year and that is with good margin too. I watched like 5-8 games of devils last year. I love how these armchair scouts only stares stats and love to compare them without giving thought what is behind the offensive production.

It tells everything about you getting offensive about hockey forum posts. Maybe you should get some sedatives.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Point production is not best way to evaluate their seasons because they were in complitely different situations. Nico played with Hart trophy winner and main thing was primary scoring for his team. Kotka is playing with Lehkonen and Armia their main thing is to shut down other lines and give secondary scoring. I think Kotka have looked better than Nico last year and that is with good margin too. I watched like 5-8 games of devils last year. I love how these armchair scouts only stares stats and love to compare them without giving thought what is behind the offensive production.

It tells everything about you getting offensive about hockey forum posts. Maybe you should get some sedatives.

I watched every Devils game last season and have seen about a dozen habs games this year. Funny how habs fans think Kotka is better than Nico due to his defensive play. Nico is in another league compared to Kotka defensively. Last years Nico>Kotka all around. If anything you can argue that Kotka as a scorer is close to Nico as the only part of his game that is better than Nico's was is his shot. Otherwise everything from defensive play, skating, playmaking, etc it's Nico, and it's really not even close.

I can only imagine what Nico would be producing going up against 3rd line scrubs like Kotka does. Hall had his best season partly because of Nico. Nico has one of the best GAR's in the league, has a better penalty differential than pretty much anyone leaguewide, etc. This season Nico has something like 13 points in 16 games without Hall with his wingers mostly being Kyle Palmieri (who is a decent 1st line winger, but nothing special) and Marcus Johansson (who sucks). The narrative that Hall carried Nico is beyond stupid.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I can easily see Kotkaniemi passing Hischier as a player.

I'm not saying it's impossible. Both have a lot of upside and haven't really started to scratch their development ceiling. But right now as well as in their D+1 Hischier was quite a bit better.
Kotka could also just as easily have a Nolan Patrick type 2nd season as he could explode and pass Nico. If you really dig into the numbers (and to an extent by the eye test as well) Kotka's season is not too different from Patricks last year. Nowhere near what Nico did.
As for passing EP. Good luck. I think there's a bigger chance Kotka busts ala Yakupov than ever passes EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad