Kotkaniemi finishes the season with 27 points in 79 games.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think it’s a cheaper buyout because of how young he is. I could see them doing it as they have other guys to sign.

Very cheap actually.

I'm not sure whats funnier, Habs fans for years trying to convince everyone he doesn't suck, or Canes fans trying to convince everyone this wasn't just some failed attempt at petty revenge and they actually did want the player

Its the best of both worlds for the fans of the other 30 teams :laugh:

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California

WG

Sep 9, 2008
And people thought Dundon couldn't afford Aho.
The only two people who thought this were Bergevin (a lunkhead) and Molson (who thought Bergevin was a hockey savant instead of identifying him as a lunkhead). Montreal fans collectively knew the Aho offer sheet had zero chance, the networks/media here mocked it when it was announced.

Then Bergevin did an interview a few months later where he stated the Habs were 90% sure they would get Aho, which tells you all you need to know about the previous 'braintrust'.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I'm guessing by the existence of this thread that the Habs fans are bored with nothing worthwhile to discuss about their own team anymore

As we all know, this signing has turned into an absolute boatanchor of a deal for the Canes that is really holding them back to... *checks standings*... 2nd in the East, likely only 1 point back of the President's Trophy had they not rested the entire core last night. Really screwed ourselves with this one, huh?

The $800k buyout pretty much guarantees that this will never be an issue for the Hurricanes.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Hold up, if you’re going to play that game then you need to follow through with how they flipped that package for Christian Dvorak (an even worse player than Kotkaniemi) and a B prospect. It’s unlikely they end up with anything at all to show for this series of transactions.
Worse is arguable as it is hard to be worse than KK and Dvorak was hurt most of the year. Carrying dead cap for almost a decade is a great reminder of Carolina's childish stupidity.

Reactions: viceroy

Jul 6, 2016
They will be able to trade him if they keep % of his salary-cap AND-OR add another asset (pick or prospect)with him to get rid of him. I still think he can be a reliable third line centerman.... IF he starts listening to his coaches. He is a very hard-headed, stubborn brat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad