Kotkaniemi finishes the season with 27 points in 79 games.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It was a rough season for him, and it’s certainly possible they buy him out. But he’s definitely shown he can play smart hockey, even when the points weren’t coming for him, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see Carolina keep him.

I think if Kuznetzov had shown more life in these post-deadline games, KK would definitely be getting the boot, but Kuzy has quickly found himself in the doghouse.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Some team will take a flyer on him for next season and then he'll find himself back in Finland for the rest of his career once he shits the bed again next year.

Guy is just not very good. Does nothing particularly great. Just been a total non-factor since his rookie season and never developed further.

Just a terrible offersheet.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I know their social media played it up hard, but has anyone determined how much of a dick swinging contest the offer sheet actually was? From an outside perspective Montreal appears to have gotten the last laugh and Carolina got left holding the bag for a gotcha moment.
I don't know about that. Montreal lost a third overall pick for KK and got nothing for him. Both team lost.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
he did have 43 points last year in the first year of his deal

kinda surprising he finished with so few points this year with how hot he started the season, he had 13 points in his first 14 games(12 in his first 12) and then proceeded to have 14 points in the other 65 games(and two of those came in the last game so it was 12 points in 64 games before that)....yikes

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
He's just really slow, both skating and decision making - he has a lot of skill but there is no time to have that much of a lack of urgency in the NHL.

If you are going to try the "let the game come to you" approach, you need to at least have the ability to make lightning fast reads and execute immediately. KK just waits and then does nothing or makes a bad play.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Fine, I'll be the one who stands by him. He was a beast in the playoffs here in Montreal and I predict he will score some big goals this year.

I cannot believe that the dominant guy we saw in the playoffs during the first year of the pandemic could just disappear like that. He''s just not in the right environment in my opinion. Maybe the Canes are too staked upfront, who knows. But I refuse to think he's finished.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
its quite surprising how many top picks that don't work out well. From Nolan Patrick, Yakupv, Gudbranson, Puljujärvi, the list just goes on.

Reactions: zzoo and shello

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
He had 12 points in his first 12 games of the season, and 13 points in his first 14 games.

14 points in the last 66 games.
Ouch.

Until 12/27, he hadn’t played a single game where he had less than 10 minutes of ice time.

He finished with 20 games of less than 10 minutes of ice…so it seems like his coach has also soured on him

Until mid-January he had 24 games with over 15 minutes of ice.

After that the only time he had over 15 minutes of ice again was in the last week of the season when the Canes were resting players.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Damn KoKo lives rent free in Habs fans heads. Why do you still care? Also once again he will outscore the entire Habs team in the playoffs this year.

Some of you people in this board should really stop telling Canes fans how bad their moves are (KoKo, Kuzy, Andersen) because you are salty about how it went down. At least until the Canes stop being and elite top 5 team and your team isn't trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad