Post-Game Talk: Kostko is back en vogue

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Keep spreading it around woody your on to something. And the negative Hemsky chatter tisk tisk......other than looking disinterested which I think was just his demeanour he was lightning in a bottle.
It's also ancient history, which makes me disinterested.

Personally I think it was between Cozens and Broberg. A big right shooting centre/wing option who can fly would have addressed an organizational weakness. Cozens goes to Buffalo at 7 and Oilers opt to shore up a chronic weak area with Broberg.

But instead of onboarding behind/with Klefbom, Nurse and Larsson ... here we are.
From what I've seen of Broberg lately, it gives me hope. If he can stay healthy and not lose his confidence, we may very well have something there. And as we know, dmen take a lot longer to develop than forwards, so a couple years down the road, we may be looking at this as a pretty good pick. Of course, it could go the other way, but at least I can see a glimmer.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
From what I've seen of Broberg lately, it gives me hope. If he can stay healthy and not lose his confidence, we may very well have something there. And as we know, dmen take a lot longer to develop than forwards, so a couple years down the road, we may be looking at this as a pretty good pick. Of course, it could go the other way, but at least I can see a glimmer.
Unfortunately this is an organization issue not necessarily the player. Aided by some bad luck with Klefbom and Larsson. They're caught between a prime elite forward group ready to challenge and a re-jigged defense corp that's not good enough and having to onboard three green bananas in Bouchard, Broberg and Niemelainen. Broberg has an impressive raw tool kit through which you can see the promise of his future (Vegas game in like his 4th NHL game and in Calgary March game, 20+ minutes at RD). But he's still developing physically, most notable in net front defending where he can be overpowered and working to slow the game down which comes through experience. He figures things out but is caught with this organization needing a heavy, veteran d-corp to be legitimate contenders.

Personally, I'd flush a forward winger prospect Borgault before giving up Broberg in a big trade for a veteran defender. Easy to find wingers than good, young pedigree defensemen.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Seattle wirh 7 straight wins now. This division sheeesh
Guess they aren’t falling back to earth? I don’t get how that team is scoring like they do and winning with the goaltending they have. Still feels like an anomaly season. Guess we will see where it all shakes out at the end of the year.

Reminds me of Florida’s year last year. Where just everything aligned, and then this year they came crashing back down to earth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad