Player Discussion Korpisalo (5 years/20M)

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Who is he?

joonas-korpisalo-2023-2330.jpg

I know

69751_v9_ba.jpg

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Anways....let's just hope he brings his .904 career save % here and we can build on it and be stable. No further need for me to complain. I think it's 2 years too much and 8 million too much, but...f*** it.

Reactions: Dionysus and Cosmix

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
You could live with the AAV if term was short. But this is a classic too much for too long goalie contract given out by PD.

Pierre can't do goalies. Wtf.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ok goaltending spot filled…. Next. Goalies are crap shoots for the most part, hope this guy can stabilize the position with Forsberg.

Haven't seen him play much so I’ll take a wait and see approach. Just him being able to play in games would be a nice upgrade on the last two guys.

Reactions: Snowwy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No he doesn't, he is an NHL goalie, he just has to be better than the last two we had. We were three wins away from a playoff spot maybe some stable goaltending gets us into the playoffs.

It doesn't matter what goalie we have because DJ Smith is still the coach.

So throwing a whole bunch of money at our goaltending situation isn't going to solve anything.

We had our tandem of choice available at the beginning of last season and Talbot and Forsberg were between the pipes for our worst stretch of the season.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You guys are acting like he's a bum.
He can't possibly be worse than Murray, or Talbot. We need some stability in net, and this should provide it.

He's not a bum. But goalies are so inconsistent these days. And when you start having injuries the way those guys play...it can turn into a disaster in a hurry.

Five years is a massive risk for a goalie.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I can't find the tweet because Twitter is f***ed, but this guy is something like -60 goals saved above expectation over his career. Way below average.

Reactions: DrEasy
Oct 10, 2010
This management group are f***ing buffoons Joonas sucks monkey balls had one good run and boom shit for brains Dorion decides not only is the player number one on my wish list but also proceeds to give a backup goalie 5 f***ing years!

• Haha
Reactions: Puikiou

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
He's not a bum. But goalies are so inconsistent these days. And when you start having injuries the way those guys play...it can turn into a disaster in a hurry.

Five years is a massive risk for a goalie.

So if we didn't sign Korpisalo, who are we going to overpay for? Jarry?

Reactions: Hutz

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We just saw Vegas win with a goalie they got for like a 4th, so many teams had their starters chased out of the net. Clearly you need to worry about the strength of the outfield roster before goalies.

4 mill is a competitive RD or a couple of legit bottom 6ers. Jeez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad