Korn

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Meh, not sure if I agree with that.

Something about Serj's voice just irks me. :help:

Also, if you want to hear the worst cover of all time (of all time), check out Avril Lavigne's butchering of Chop Suey.

Technically not SOAD's fault, I know, but still relevant. :laugh:

That song is also responsible for the single greatest GDT ever posted on this site. It was made by a Hurricanes fan. I am too lazy to search for it, and it may have even been purged (it was pretty old as I recall)

I hope someone had the foresight to save that gem though.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
As a whole, System of a Down had a better overall body of work than Korn, but I will say that there are a few Korn songs, that are easily better than anything SOAD did.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
As a whole, System of a Down had a better overall body of work than Korn, but I will say that there are a few Korn songs, that are easily better than anything SOAD did.

Disagree completely tbh. Feel like Korn isn't better than SOAD in any way shape or form including individual songs or overall body of work. To be fair, a band that makes a song called ass itch probably doesn't take their work too seriously to begin with though.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

While nothing groundbreaking, those guttural vocals Jon in this song does are pretty sick.

I'd love to hear him do some real Death metal stuff.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Korn ****ing sucks

3204840swsw.gif

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I would have probably thought this song was awesome like 16 years ago :laugh:

:laugh:

Yeah it's nothing great, but I dig those occasional guttural vocals. Especially since these guys are nu-metal or whatnot.

Obviously they don't beat extreme vocals used by full fledged Death metal vocalists though.

JA

This is what happens when a Korn song is injected with hooks and receives a brand new arrangement.

It's far more palatable than what they're actually serving, which is more like TV dinner corn than fresh corn.

banquet_chicken_nuggets_02.JPG

Korn is like imitation corn -- bland instead of vibrant.

http://www.realitytvrevisited.com/2011/05/us-season-2-episode-7-jacks-waterfront.html
Chef Gordon Ramsay visit's Jack's Waterfront, St Clair Shores, MI, a seafood restaurant run by three body builders, Jim, Tanner and Scott with A.J being the general manager. Gordon arrives on jet ski as the restaurant is located on the bay. Gordon orders Krab Omelet, fish and chips from the menu and asks the waitress why it is spelt with a K, she tells him to highlight that it is artificial crab meat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad