Kopitar to Stay in SEL, Bergfors Off to CHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TomACE said:
How many CHL players are/ were being hyped around here now and in the past?

I don't know where (league wise) the U20 of Södertälje SK plays, but I think that level of level is at least as high as in the CHL. BTW he was the leading scorer of the league.

Don't get me wrong RR, I'm thinking that Anze is a few years away from the NHL.

My point remains. Just because Kopitar played in the men's WC's, that shouldn't be viewed as a strong indicator that he's ready for the NHL.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
TomACE said:
I don't know where (league wise) the U20 of Södertälje SK plays, but I think that level of level is at least as high as in the CHL. BTW he was the leading scorer of the league.

The best U20 levels in Europe about match the USHL in quality, the CHL is clearly tougher.

Safir*

Rabid Ranger said:
My point remains. Just because Kopitar played in the men's WC's, that shouldn't be viewed as a strong indicator that he's ready for the NHL.

Ehhmmm...Yes! :)

Safir*

Pekka Lampinen said:
The best U20 levels in Europe about match the USHL in quality, the CHL is clearly tougher.

I see that's were the Vanek comparisons come from.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Master Shake said:
I would not draft a European playing overseas with a 1st or 2nd round pick now. Especially a Russian. Not unless I get firm confirmation that the NHL is his goal and hes willing to come play in the AHL/NHL right away. Anyone else is a crapshoot now.

Teams will draft Euros in first rounds as by now(barring Russians) IMO. But there will be much less first year eligible Euros selected in later rounds. Instead we will see more twenty or twenty one year old Euros being drafted.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Bonde 007 said:
IMO he would have taken a spot if it wasnt for the lockout.

I think (hope) so as well, but still a bit beside the points considering that Södertälje's forward roster during the lockout was among the worst in the SEL and far worse than what a mediocre forward roster in the NHL would look like.

I do think he will get a considerable amount of ice time this season though :)

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Predatore said:
I think (hope) so as well, but still a bit beside the points considering that Södertälje's forward roster during the lockout was among the worst in the SEL and far worse than what a mediocre forward roster in the NHL would look like.
First 1/3 of the season yes, after Jokinen, Samme, Calder & Thornton IMO no regarding among the worst in the SEL.

Predatore said:
I do think he will get a considerable amount of ice time this season though :)
Question is though will Taavola give him icetime ?

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
KStewart113 said:
Kopitar plays against Canadiens and our tough style in WCs, he will be able to hold his own when he does decide the NHL is time for him in a year or 2. If I drafted him I'd let him spend this season in Sweden, and then move over for a year in CHL, they if hes ready, get him a team jersey.
I would let him play with seniors, he´s done with juniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad