Kopitar or Stamkos

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Would you guys rather have kopitar or stamkos playing for the Lightning? If yzerman walks from stamkos in July say we offer kopitar a 9 million dollar a year deal for 7 years would you like that ?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Like who ? Andrew Ladd ? A winger ?

Actually, Yzerman would probably just stay status quo for the immediate future if Stamkos left. No need to jump for a replacement without seeing how Drouin would fit in at center.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Stamkos. No questions here. I love Kopitar but I also know what Stamkos is capable of. I'm willing to hold out to see if Steven is ever gonna reach that peak again. People left Ovechkin for dead a few years back and I'm not gonna give up on Stamkos yet.

I just hate his guts because he's been such a little you-know-what since June about his contract

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Stamkos. No questions here. I love Kopitar but I also know what Stamkos is capable of. I'm willing to hold out to see if Steven is ever gonna reach that peak again. People left Ovechkin for dead a few years back and I'm not gonna give up on Stamkos yet.

I just hate his guts because he's been such a little you-know-what since June about his contract
True but ovechkin has never had a major injury like his leg breaking in two

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Ovechkin also has much more hockey IQ, and Kopitar has been an elite two-way forward on multiple cup runs.. put him in the East system and I'd easily take him over current Stamkos.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
True but ovechkin has never had a major injury like his leg breaking in two

Which is all the more reason why I want to give Stamkos a chance. Right now he is suffering because Killorn and Filppula are like the hockey equivalent of the fat kid that slows everyone down on the hike up the trail. And Callahan is the one that has no issues keeping up but constantly has to take a piss break because he sweats a lot and chugs water the whole time to stay hydrated.

It's amazing how much better he plays once separated from the KFC line, although I must give Callahan major kudos for being the one guy who can immediately come onto his line and they both play well together.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
Lightning and Kings played twice in the last couple of weeks. I was interested in watching Stamkos and Kopitar because they are in similar positions with their contracts. Kopitar is twice the 2 way player Stamkos is. It takes a couple of guys to ride him off the puck. He doesn't turn over the puck like Stamkos. He is not real flashy but he's the type you win championships with. Stamkos just can't create anymore with that rod in his leg. He will tease you with a glimmer of hope when he makes a great shot. But he is not the same player since that day in Boston.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ovechkin also has much more hockey IQ, and Kopitar has been an elite two-way forward on multiple cup runs.. put him in the East system and I'd easily take him over current Stamkos.

And despite that IQ, Ovechkin was at times playing SOOOOOOO much worse than Stamkos is now. Like I said, I want to hold out hope that Stamkos can return to pre-injury form with the help from better linemates.

I want Stamkos to stay a bolt for life, I really do. But I also want this teenage girl drama to finally come to an end.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lightning and Kings played twice in the last couple of weeks. I was interested in watching Stamkos and Kopitar because they are in similar positions with their contracts. Kopitar is twice the 2 way player Stamkos is. It takes a couple of guys to ride him off the puck. He doesn't turn over the puck like Stamkos. He is not real flashy but he's the type you win championships with. Stamkos just can't create anymore with that rod in his leg. He will tease you with a glimmer of hope when he makes a great shot. But he is not the same player since that day in Boston.

Is a reason kopitar has two Stanley cups cooper and yzerman love two way centers.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Kopitar is looking for big money, he'll be getting more than $9. I'd love to have him tho

Kopitar at $9-10 > Stamkos $12

I'd be happy with a large 2 way centre. our team is a bunch of pipsqueaks, lets get some more big bodies :sarcasm: (i'm only like 85% kidding, I wish the team was a bit bigger so when we play the rough teams they don't get beat up too bad, once they start getting hit they don't use their speed and play their game)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Kopitar is looking for big money, he'll be getting more than $9. I'd love to have him tho

Kopitar at $9-10 > Stamkos $12

I'd be happy with a large 2 way centre. our team is a bunch of pipsqueaks, lets get some more big bodies :sarcasm: (i'm only like 85% kidding, I wish the team was a bit bigger so when we play the rough teams they don't get beat up too bad, once they start getting hit they don't use their speed and play their game)

andrew ladd would be a much cheaper option but he is a winger but then again stamkos is a winger lol

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We're not getting Kopitar but he is better than Stamkos. He takes over games and is a phenomenal defensive 1C

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Stamkos doesnt have anybody fast to play with other than Kucherov and when they did okay together, Steven is still waiting on MSL to come down from the rafters and help him score. The guy is a completely different player the past two and a half seasons. Post break, he was on fire but the last two, with those goal totals? He couldve hit 60 or more if the pre leg break Stamkos showed up each night.

It really isn't the linemates anymore, he isn't Crosby, so he needs players to play with him and he has them. Look at the giveaways and bad plays when he's out there on the PP or with our better players offensively, he makes mistakes. He goes offsides. It's continuous.

I'd take Kopitar any day and I'd be heartbroken at the same time. Sadly, I think Stamkos is this year.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
I'd do everything for Kopitar as he is one of my favorite players, but making him sign would be so hard. Saw him in my hometown, Ostrava, during WC. He plays really smart game and advanced statistics love him. There might be a reason why Gretzky called him Top 3 player in the world.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
If we lost Stammer because of too high of price I would at least look at Kopitar. May be better to do nothing other than pick up an able $5M veteren or promote another guy from Syracuse. We have other players that have contracts coming up and having cap space would be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad