Proposal: Konecny to Vancouver

mlse2kk

Apr 8, 2022
If it's looking like the Canucks are striking out on an extension for Boeser, could the basis of a deal be had around the following?

VAN
Boeser - 5.875m per (RFA 2022)

PHI
Konecny - 5.5m per (UFA 2026)

Value-wise, both players seem about equal, though the 'Nucks would likely have to add a pick or prospect to balance out the contract durations.

Thoughts?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
If it's looking like the Canucks are striking out on an extension for Boeser, could the basis of a deal be had around the following?

VAN

PHI

Value-wise, both players seem about equal, though the 'Nucks would likely have to add a pick or prospect to balance out the contract durations.

Thoughts?
We arent going to add.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

VAN

PHI

Thoughts?
Are you aware of the QO?

Reactions: theguardianII

mlse2kk

Apr 8, 2022
I just don’t see sub 5’10 Konecny being a fit on a roster that already has sub 5’10 wingers in Höglander and Garland.
Alvin/Rutherford have made it clear that they want speed down the wings; Konency certainly provides that. Also, I think the whole height thing (outside of goalies) is overblown and overrated in today's game. There's a need for balance of course, but Konency and the aforementioned Garland play 'bigger' than their natural height if that makes sense. They aren't afraid of going to the gritty areas to dig out pucks.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
philly should not do this deal and vancouver absolutely should. so i'd add a prospect (woo? rathbone? anyone outside klimovich, maybe) to make it happen tbh

Reactions: racerjoe

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Really don’t see the appeal for Konecny…several posters seem to really like him but I find fun extremely overrated and overpaid.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

VAN

PHI

Thoughts?

I think that depends on what the Canucks can get for Boeser. The biggest reason to move Boeser is that he's not worth what it takes to re-sign him. The solution isn't to trade him for a player who isn't worth his contract.

Personally, I think Philly needs to add. Goals are worth more and Konecny has had two down seasons where he hasn't/isn't on pace to score 20 goals. He's a complimentary player who might blossom playing with elite linemates but the same can be said for Boeser who will score more goals with elite linemates. Don't get me wrong, I like Koneckny. When both are not at their best I'll take Konecny. But if you remove 19-20, Boeser's body of work looks a whole lot better.

Between Garland and Konecny, I also like Garland more and the rumours were that we were looking to trade him to clear cap space. So to me, trading Boeser for Konecny just seems like a sideways change things up move rather than try and change the makeup of the team.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks are trading Boeser, they absolutely have to get a d-man coming back. I don't really see Konecny being anywhere near equal value as far as the Canucks are concerned.

He'd join a long list of Canucks players who are 5'10" or under. They need a lot more size up-front and more blueline depth, in that order.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
If the Canucks are trading Boeser, they absolutely have to get a d-man coming back. I don't really see Konecny being anywhere near equal value as far as the Canucks are concerned.

He'd join a long list of Canucks players who are 5'10" or under. They need a lot more size up-front and more blueline depth, in that order.

Yeah or someone like Garland gets dealt for a D-man. Either way, the Canucks need to find a good young RHD.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
He's comparable to Garland in that they are both around .5 PPG at ES. I wouldn't mind getting him but they can't give something silly like a 9th OA pick
Not really Garland drives play and is getting better while Koency has stagnated and doesn't drive play like he used to. Also Koency has had much better players to play with throughout his career. His best seasons came when he was playing Giroux and Couturier.

Last edited:
Reactions: F A N

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad