Value of: Konecny to Minnesota

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fiala deal was 19 + a former 2nd round pick many valued as a mid-late first. I don’t see the reason to throw Heidt in.
So just an FYI, the conditional 1st would be:

If we make the playoffs, we swap our 1st with their 2nd. If we don't make the playoffs, they get our 2nd.

#13 > #19
Heidt < Faber

The 3rd piece is just a little extra incentive.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Grinner

May 31, 2022
lol funny stuffs. Nothing more unserious and bait than thinking wild are ever trading wallstedt or Brock Faber for your winger who Minnesota doesn’t need. Embarrassing comment. Really delete your comment as it’s nothing more than laughable unless your baiting

In what fantasy world of yours do you think wild would ever trade wallstedt, or the stud of Brock Faber. Not only that according to you wild would have to add pick to wallstedt and faber lol funny.
Habs fans have nothing in you guys

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Feels expensive. I'd prefer the Wild wait until the worst of the dead cap is over and they get their flexibility back. Maybe by then they will have a GM who isn't trying to assemble a defensive line instead of a skilled hockey team.
Couldn't have said it better myself even if I tried.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So just an FYI, the conditional 1st would be:

If we make the playoffs, we swap our 1st with their 2nd. If we don't make the playoffs, they get our 2nd.

#13 > #19
Heidt < Faber

The 3rd piece is just a little extra incentive.
I’m more intrigued now.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
You have to give to get my friend.
Russian players aren’t on the table point blank. Wild drafted these Russian players because not only because they are good but because of kaprizov. Wild can literally sign a free agent as the best writer made it clear wild plan on leaving space for their young players/ top prospects anyway.

Don't pay attention to him, he rarely posts on HFWild and just pops into any trade board Wild thread to bash opposing teams posters....
Oh yeah you didn’t see what he posted. Philly fans can’t deal with not getting Yurov, or Marat but they are asking for faber & 1st and more lol read posts before attacking

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Russian players aren’t on the table point blank. Wild drafted these Russian players because not only because they are good but because of kaprizov. Wild can literally sign a free agent as the best writer made it clear wild plan on leaving space for their young players/ top prospects anyway.

Oh yeah you didn’t see what he posted. Philly fans can’t deal with not getting Yurov, or Marat but they are asking for faber & 1st and more lol read posts before attacking

And some wild fans think we would be comfortable with giving up our BEST player for spare parts or multiples.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And some wild fans think we would be comfortable with giving up our BEST player for spare parts or multiples.
I would like us to trade for Konecny, but am probably not willing to give the Godfather offer that it would take to convince Philly not to re-sign him if that was their otherwise preferred route.

I guess all I'd want us to do is put out a competitive offer if he was "available". I think we could at least get there, short of including Yurov/Faber.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I would like us to trade for Konecny, but am probably not willing to give the Godfather offer that it would take to convince Philly not to re-sign him if that was their otherwise preferred route.

I guess all I'd want us to do is put out a competitive offer if he was "available". I think we could at least get there, short of including Yurov/Faber.

Philly is trying to compete whether it’s a smart decision or stupid - that’s what they’re committed to doing especially since they are committed to Torts.

So nothing short of overpay should be required for TK. He was far away the team MvP and made strides as a short handed player as well. His value is sky high.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Feels expensive. I'd prefer the Wild wait until the worst of the dead cap is over and they get their flexibility back. Maybe by then they will have a GM who isn't trying to assemble a defensive line instead of a skilled hockey team.
Interesting, I assumed that the Wild would be in the business of adding players that could be extended starting in 2025-26 when the dead cap falls considerably. Not sure if Konecny is their guy but at 50% $2.75M in 2024-25 and an full price extension after that would make a lot of sense as a concept (from the outside).

Not sure what the Wild's core is, but close in age to JEE and Kaprizov has to be a start

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As a Wild fan, not interested in Konecny. Nothing against him, but he is the sort of piece that you add to a vg playoff team that wants to win a Cup. That is not Minnesota. Assuming that one year of Konecny would go for a pick(2024 1st?) or prospect(Yurov?), acquiring him would probably turn MN into a playoff team that loses in the 1st round ... oh, happy day!

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Interesting, I assumed that the Wild would be in the business of adding players that could be extended starting in 2025-26 when the dead cap falls considerably. Not sure if Konecny is their guy but at 50% $2.75M in 2024-25 and an full price extension after that would make a lot of sense as a concept (from the outside).

Not sure what the Wild's core is, but close in age to JEE and Kaprizov has to be a start
Wild are still not giving up Brock faber, or Yurov or Marat. The 2024 1st could still be a lottery. Wild can easily get a top 4 winger in free agency this year for 1-2years deal. Good luck if your thinking wild or any team is giving up these players & or prospect

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

And that’s fine, but this board is littered with posts about trying to get other team’s stars without wanting to give up anything they value. Konecny is a very valuable piece and if you didn’t want to give up what we’d want, you’re probably not going to get him.

Wild are still not giving up Brock faber, or Yurov or Marat. The 2024 1st could still be a lottery. Wild can easily get a top 4 winger in free agency this year for 1-2years deal. Good luck if your thinking wild or any team is giving up these players & or prospect

As above. You don’t have to give any of them up, but unless you trade these good pieces you’re not going to get Konecny or someone in his ilk.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
I wasn't talking about the trade return (I don't really care tbh, of course they wouldn't trade Faber) but just curious what the Wild have planned. We've never seen a team have their dead cap hit drop by the cost of a 1C in 1 season

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And that’s fine, but this board is littered with posts about trying to get other team’s stars without wanting to give up anything they value. Konecny is a very valuable piece and if you didn’t want to give up what we’d want, you’re probably not going to get him.

As above. You don’t have to give any of them up, but unless you trade these good pieces you’re not going to get Konecny or someone in his ilk.
Good players are moved all the time of non amazing returns when they stop becoming part of a team's plans (Reinhart, Fiala, Meier, Hertl and so on).

Konecny still being part of Philly's plans is something that I wasn't sure of. If he still is, then I'd agree, it should take a hell of an offer to convince Philly otherwise.

Reactions: BernieParent

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Okay keep him! Like the other Minnesota wild fans have said it’s not happening. It’s beyond absurd that once again HFBoards think a player is worth something he’s not especially with him due to become free agent and not as good fiala even

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Konecny still being part of Philly's plans is something that I wasn't sure of. If he still is, then I'd agree, it should take a hell of an offer to convince Philly otherwise.

As far as we're aware, he's still part of the plans. He's their best forward by a good margin, just got an A last year, and it's more likely that we'll extend him than that we'll trade him.

That said, I would love to see him with better linemates. Right now, he's basically creating for himself; put him on Toronto or Edmonton, and I think he'd be seen as a premier offensive talent in a way he simply won't be on the Flyers.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Okay keep him! Like the other Minnesota wild fans have said it’s not happening. It’s beyond absurd that once again HFBoards think a player is worth something he’s not especially with him due to become free agent and not as good fiala even
Minnesota Wild fans started this thread. We are not 'offering' TK, nor do I think Flyers management is. He will command a lot.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
1 for 1 type for Rossi or Faber + cap dump. Or Walstedt + pick + cap dump.
Price is high cause personally I’d re-sign him, he’s a true Flyer and should be here for long long time
what's a "true" Flyers these days anyway? A 65 point player who plays with an attitude? Silly. Trade TK while they still can because he ain't worth what he's askin for. There are defensemen scoring nearly 100 points in today's game for cryin out loud...

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

No offense to the Flyers or Konecny but the purpose of waiting for the clean slate is to see what all is out there and possible. Maybe that is Konecny, maybe it isn’t.

Reactions: Buttonwood

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Don’t really think he pushes the Wild into that next tier of teams, so I don’t want him, but the most I’d do is prob Marat/Ohgren+2nd+Peart/Lambos. And I’d want an extension.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I wasn't talking about the trade return (I don't really care tbh, of course they wouldn't trade Faber) but just curious what the Wild have planned. We've never seen a team have their dead cap hit drop by the cost of a 1C in 1 season
Sadly, their plan for that cap space is re-signing the young players already on the team and in the system. That wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't re-signed all their 30+ year old grinders already, but now that cap that was going to be dropping off when those guys left this summer is instead tied up for the next 4 years. Faber's going to be getting a BIG raise, Rossi will be due a decent raise if he's not traded, Khusnutdinov and Wallstedt come due at that time too, but I have no idea what their deals will look like yet. There is also talk that Middleton will be re-signed this summer, and I expect that'll be $4M at 4 years of term,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad