News Article: Komarov will sit one more and return Saturday: Leafs' Babcock (Toronto Sun)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Komarov will sit one more and return Saturday: Leafs’ Babcock

Leo Komarov is ready to return to the Maple Leafs lineup, but he is going to have to cool his heels for one more day.
Leafs coach Mike Babcock confirmed on Thursday after practice at the MasterCard Centre that Komarov, who has missed six games with a left leg injury, will play in the Leafs’ home game on Saturday night against the Winnipeg Jets.

Well, there you have it. I guess we can't have too much of a good thing, like a wicked fast 4th line. :/

Reactions: Leafidelity

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Makes sense to not bring him back to a double header. Johnnson will be sent to Marlies after Friday’s game. Marlies have 2 triple-headers to finish off the season and he should be there.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Man komarov is going to get 3.5 to 4 from someone this summer and its going to be disgusting

Yntoe

Mar 28, 2018
Get well soon
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/ground.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/ground.png

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The Leafs, who'll I must add have three 30 goals scorers need what exactly?

-Well it's not offensive production, so sorry Martin.
  • Andreas Johnsson offers a .74 points per 60.
  • Matt Martin offers a 1.84 points per 60.
  • Leo Komarov offers a 1.01 points per 60.

Could they use grit on their fourth line?
  • Andres Johnsson offers 0.6 hits per game.
  • Matt Martin offers 2.9 hits per game.
  • Leo Komarov offers 2.9 hits per game.

Do they really need someone to shoot the puck at the net?
  • Andres Johnsson offers 2.14 shots per game.
  • Matt Martin offers .94 shots per game.
  • Leo Komarov offers 1.55 shots per game.

Do they need defensive forwards that can kill penalties?
  • Andres Johnsson offers 0.04 PK minutes per game.
  • Matt Martin offers 0 minutes per game.
  • Leo Komarov offers 2.34 minutes per game.
Of all the dynamics one would want to bring to Hyman/Matthews/Nylander, Marleau/Kadri/Marner, JVR/Bozak/Brown ...
Komarov is it. Guys like MacTavish win the Cup. Andreas Johnsson, while an interesting kid with potential, who deserved a
chance to play when the Leafs had injury call-ups, is not going to be your main man. The Leafs odds of making the playoffs
have been pegged at the top for two solid months. They can afford to experiment. But the proven facts of what they need to
get the job done will have Komarov playing. Believe it or not, winning teams are not just a stack of who can score the most.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Last hurrah for Komarov. He probably needed a break anyway, he looked tired and his hands have turned to stone, and he can't yet be 100%. Babcock will evaluate his 4th line over the next 5 games. Give him a chance to get back into game shape, but make no mistake, a healthy Komarov would be a beast in the playoffs. When the checking gets tighter and your dumping and chasing, he's the guy you want on the forecheck and the PK. He'll put his face in front of the puck if needed and he'll drive the opposition crazy. Him and Polak are much maligned I feel. Yet inevitably, when the playoffs come we rave about their effectiveness.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Last hurrah for Komarov. He probably needed a break anyway, he looked tired and his hands have turned to stone, and he can't yet be 100%. Babcock will evaluate his 4th line over the next 5 games. Give him a chance to get back into game shape, but make no mistake, a healthy Komarov would be a beast in the playoffs. When the checking gets tighter and your dumping and chasing, he's the guy you want on the forecheck and the PK. He'll put his face in front of the puck if needed and he'll drive the opposition crazy. Him and Polak are much maligned I feel. Yet inevitably, when the playoffs come we rave about their effectiveness.
I want to see the OLD Komarov. I want him smashing everything in sight, you bring up a good point, he will likely be highly motivated to show he can still do it. That will work to our advantage - hopefully.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Aint it amazing that Leafs only need to worry about 4th line juggling instead of the top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad