Prospect Info: Kole Lind

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Wasn't my BPA as I question his offensive upside, but he's rank highly. Not a bad pick.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Was hoping for Hague

This draft seems to be following a trend from last year, we are drafting good players and nothing outside what I would call a reach. That being said I keep feeling like we are drafting the second or third best option at our spot. Come to think of it this trend goes back to the Virtanen pick when I had hoped for Ehlers.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wasn't my BPA as I question his offensive upside, but he's rank highly. Not a bad pick.

Quick perusal of some highlight packages, my first takeaway is he has a quick and sneaky shot that he's able to get off in traffic. Not the most powerful shot, per se, but he knows where to place it.

Also seems to have good wheels.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Bah, was hoping this wouldn't happen as he shares my surname and it will be annoying seeing it on the forums all the time :laugh:.

Hard not to root for him though.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
A little surprises seeing Jesper boqvist was still on board.

Kole Lind fell under offensive category under Canucks ranking. Liking this pick.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Solid pick. One of the top prospects left, and a ton of goal-scoring skill. Needs to get stronger, but he's got a decent frame, good speed and particularly quickness, a good shot, and good opportunistic goal-scoring instincts. Decent vision as a passer too.

Reminds me a fair bit of someone like Reilly Smith in style, frame, and overall projection. That ability to lurk and jump on slight openings to get his shot off and bury it. Scoring almost out of nowhere. Quick strike offense.

Could see him taking a while in development, but that's just fine. Very excited about this pick.

Thanks for your analysis!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Absolutely love this pick. Watched him play several times this year and came away impressed every time.:handclap: sweetness

yes i second this.

Saw him even in Kelowna a couple times. Kinda reminded me of a Justin Williams (on the extreme high obviously) Sweet hands, nice vision, slippery and cerebral and very projectable frame......got a lot of work to do in explosiveness and strength but he's not that far off.

Nice pick.

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
I was close to posting last night "anyone but Lind". But, I thought the Canucks' have done an adequate job of never drafting kids from BC why jinx it.

After the initial trauma of realizing, I'm going to be cheering for a Rocket (see the Avatar for clues), I decided to add my two cents.

Solid Pick. He was described above as an "opportunistic goal scorer" and that is really what sets him apart. I was never impressed with his foot-speed, he is not physical, he really is from the top of the circles to the top of the circles an average player.

BUT, when there is a loose-puck, or he's on an odd-man rush.. the puck finds him and usually finds the back of the net. He has a knack below the circles to find open space or eat up loose pucks. If that knack translates to the NHL... he'll be a VERY solid top 6 player. If his vision/ability to find open ice doesn't translate to the NHL then I don't see the other skills/assets being enough to keep him in the show. I don't see him as a bottom 6 guy.

(Now, after complementing a Rocket... let me also go a little homer. Kid pouts too much when things go south. Like the competitiveness. Hate the stick work.)

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
They took a whl guy!

They never take a whl guy!

I wonder if that means this is a Benning pick and the whl scout is gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad