Koho Jagr Curve

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
Does TPS make a similar curve to this? I really like this curve, and if not TPS, which other company does?

Haha, I own them both too. They arent the same blade by anymeans. It's far easier to get your shot high with the Jagr and the coffey is also a hrader blade.

Pavel Datsyuk's reebok carbon stick is much like the jagr wood one, but lighter.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
The Coffey is a big mid-curve with a neutral face. The Jagr is a moderate heel with a closed face, so is the Crosby. The Coffey also has a lie of 5.5 and the Jagr and Crosby have a lie of 6.

You can't really tell by the pictures you're comparing(the Jagr being at a slight angle, not right down the hosel and the Coffey being a graphic of a curve where you can't perceive any depth).

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
I bought this stick too,15 buck wood, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. What are your guy's opinion on it?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I bought this stick too,15 buck wood, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. What are your guy's opinion on it?

I have an older black and yellow Jagr Koho. Compared to composites or even my Sherwood, its heavy as hell. Powerful though and very durable. Is Koho even making sticks anymore? I wouldn't want to break it and then not have a replacement available.

czechmate25

Jul 31, 2008
Hershey, PA
Wow, talk about reviving and old thread. :laugh:

These stick companies make me laugh....the Jagr curve that is available on 'over the counter' sticks are nothing like the curve he actually uses.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Wow, talk about reviving and old thread. :laugh:

These stick companies make me laugh....the Jagr curve that is available on 'over the counter' sticks are nothing like the curve he actually uses.

It's all branding. Take a look at the Crosby curve, and then look at what he actually uses.

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
Actually I have a Jagr returned stick and he has a banana just like they retail,ofcorse its more modified, but its similar. Now crosby pattern and what he actually uses is way off.

MPJohnny5

Jul 16, 2007
I really like the Jagr curve been using it on my street hockey sticks forever. Im looking for a ice hockey stick thats very similar to the same curve. Ive been using Perry curve from TPS feels kinda the same to me how does it compare with lie and whatnot?

Also does anyone know what warrior curve is similar to the Jagr curve? i really like warrior sticks

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Sherwood Crosby is very similar to the Koho Jagr I have.

:help:

Nowhere close to the ones I've seen. Sherwood Crosby is a slight heel, slightly open. The Jagr is a banana blade, Toe curve IIRC, extreme. Pretty sure it's at least twice the curve legally allowed.

Inno

Jan 14, 2007
Calgary
:help:

Nowhere close to the ones I've seen. Sherwood Crosby is a slight heel, slightly open. The Jagr is a banana blade, Toe curve IIRC, extreme. Pretty sure it's at least twice the curve legally allowed.

:dunno:

Were definitely talking about different Koho Jagr's then. Cause I have both the Jagr and Crosby infront of me and there near identical. Even according to the pattern database over at msh.com.

Jagr Heel Moderate Closed Medium Round

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
:dunno:

Were definitely talking about different Koho Jagr's then. Cause I have both the Jagr and Crosby infront of me and there near identical. Even according to the pattern database over at msh.com.

Jagr Heel Moderate Closed Medium Round

Looking around, you're right in that it's heel, but it's in no way moderate.

JOFcurves.jpg

That's the Jagr I'm remembering. Incredibly deep. The Crosby's I've seen are much closer to the daze or Amonte curves on that chart.

Actually, what brand is the Crosby curve you're looking at? RBK or Sherwood? They might have different patterns, I think RBK has even had two different ones they've called the Crosby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad