Knocking net off no goal

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Jordan Nolan from your friendly Kings knocked the net off its moorings before jersey put the puck in, no goal. It seems silly that a goal can be called off in this situation.

I can't find a clip of it, but i'm surprised Devs fans aren't spitting tacks. If the boot was on the other foot i'd be well ****ed off.

Hat tip to NJ fans

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
The way the refs called it was correct in regards to how the rule was written. The shot wasn't taken soon enough for that particular play to be a goal.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The way the refs called it was correct in regards to how the rule was written. The shot wasn't taken soon enough for that particular play to be a goal.

I honestly thought that they'd waived it off for goalie interference or something. It was blatantly obvious what Nolan was doing.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Purposely knocking the net off the pegs should be an automatic goal even if the puck is 200 feet away in the other zone.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
it was a pretty stupid call. the ref should have counted it a goal. Nolan accidently on purpose there. ref could have called it a goal if he wanted.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Purposely knocking the net off the pegs should be an automatic goal even if the puck is 200 feet away in the other zone.

You can't go that far. If the ref deems that should have been a goal on a scoring play, it should be a goal. If a player does it because his line is tired or for another reason, penalize him.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Jordan Nolan from your friendly Kings knocked the net off its moorings before jersey put the puck in, no goal. It seems silly that a goal can be called off in this situation.

I can't find a clip of it, but i'm surprised Devs fans aren't spitting tacks. If the boot was on the other foot i'd be well ****ed off.

Hat tip to NJ fans

He did the same thing against the rangers to blow a play dead. Not saying he does these intentionally but 2 games back to back is somewhat humorous.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Not nearly as bad as David Leggio who intentionally knocked over his own net to prevent a 2-0. Got a penalty shot against him which is still better then a 2-0.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Former LA King Slava Voynov on his teammate Quick dislodging the net before the Tyutin disallowed goal:
"I play with him. I know that's his style." #USAvRUS

Nolan learned from the best.
839209768_medium.gif

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
The officiating that entire night was abysmal both ways, but they at least got that call right as it pertains to the rule. That said, the rule is stupid. I agree with whoever above suggested it should be a 5 minute major in situations like that if you don't wanna amend the rule. If a puck is sitting in front of an empty net and a guy just drives the net off as you wind up, it's no goal...that's insane. 2 minutes isn't enough of a penalty in such a situation.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013

Hat tip to NJ fans

Funny how when they played the Rangers we were putting a hefty amount of pressure on in the Zone and all of a sudden the net comes off... this should be called delay of game when it continuously happens to one team all the time. Let's not forget what Voynov said about the whole thing either

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
rulebook still says its up to the ref. he could have called it a goal still. imo he should have. 2 min penalty is a joke. at least award a 4 min or penalty shot. something to prevent that "accidentally on purpose" crap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad