Knights' Smith looking forward to second chance at Memorial Cup

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

After three-and-a-half years in Owen Sound, Gemel Smith has been knighted — and he’s hoping to play a key role leading the London Knights charge to its third Memorial Cup berth. Not only has he joined a team with a wealth of playoff experience, but he’s bringing some finals’ knowledge himself as he was part of the Attack’s OHL champion squad in 2010-11.

“It’s definitely a great feeling getting another crack at it and I know that I can bring some scoring to the team,†he said. “I know what it takes, I know what types of goals you need to score.â€

And getting back to hockey’s promised land is especially meaningful for Smith, who has a tattoo that reads, “Only God Can Judge Me†to help him remember that the road has not always been so smooth.… read more

More...

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That is a great article, and you're right those quotes show just how mature, level-headed, and still confident he is.

I feel bad I giggled at that Toronto Sun headline, "Little man with a Big Dream." Good lord that's awful. Makes me think of Kevin Hart, "I'm a grown little man."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad