Knights Season Point Total

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I can be fan as much as anyone else and I certainly understand looking through rose colored glasses but in order for this team to exceed 70.5 points they would have to win 30 games, (30-41-11). Who is this roster beating 30 times? Arizona Coyotes had a established lineup last year, somehow managed to win 30 games, and they still couldn’t reach 71 points. Can you compare this Knights' roster to Vrbata, Ekman-Larrson, Dvorak, Hanzal, Domi, Goligoski, Rieder, Doan, Perlini, Burmistrov, Duclair, etc.?

Keep in mind there will be injuries to the few decent pieces Vegas has. Who takes their place when these guys hit the IR? They will also be unloading any and all come trade dead line. No question all this franchise wants, at this point, is as many draft picks as possible. The team that starts the season probably will be better than the team that finishes.

Knights don't hit 60 points.

That list is somewhat deceiving, Domi missed significant time, Dvorak got crap ice time the first half of the season, Perlini didn't play until later in the season, gogo was awful for most of the year, Doan was a shell, Duke was pretty bad and being used very poorly, even OEL had a rough year dealing with injuries and a death in the family. We didn't have Burmistov all season, and he was good but not great anyway. I also think the coyotes were very poorly coached last year, and I think they should've had more wins. Basically I think that list of players is less impressive than you might think, and I also think you're looking at a point total that was lower than it should've been.

Honestly after you factor all those things in I'm not sure the Knights are any worse talent wise than last year's coyotes. The Knights forward group is much better IMO, goaltending is probably better, but D core is probably much worse. It's hard to be certain though, our d coach was brutal so it may end up being closer than personnel would indicate. When you see OEL and Goligoski leading the list you'd think it's at least a decent group but as I said above they were very poorly coached IMO. It's still possible you're right and the Knights don't crack 60, but I just don't think I'd use last year's coyotes as a measuring stick.

This reads almost conforntional I think, and I'm not intending it to be. I just don't think last year's coyotes team is an effective way to predict what may happen with the Knights. I do think you're almost certainly correct about the roster being better now than when the season ends, the Knights could have a pretty rough post TDL stretch depending on who they move.

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
That list is somewhat deceiving, Domi missed significant time, Dvorak got crap ice time the first half of the season, Perlini didn't play until later in the season, gogo was awful for most of the year, Doan was a shell, Duke was pretty bad and being used very poorly, even OEL had a rough year dealing with injuries and a death in the family. We didn't have Burmistov all season, and he was good but not great anyway. I also think the coyotes were very poorly coached last year, and I think they should've had more wins. Basically I think that list of players is less impressive than you might think, and I also think you're looking at a point total that was lower than it should've been.

Honestly after you factor all those things in I'm not sure the Knights are any worse talent wise than last year's coyotes. The Knights forward group is much better IMO, goaltending is probably better, but D core is probably much worse. It's hard to be certain though, our d coach was brutal so it may end up being closer than personnel would indicate. When you see OEL and Goligoski leading the list you'd think it's at least a decent group but as I said above they were very poorly coached IMO. It's still possible you're right and the Knights don't crack 60, but I just don't think I'd use last year's coyotes as a measuring stick.

This reads almost conforntional I think, and I'm not intending it to be. I just don't think last year's coyotes team is an effective way to predict what may happen with the Knights. I do think you're almost certainly correct about the roster being better now than when the season ends, the Knights could have a pretty rough post TDL stretch depending on who they move.

Appreciate your input and didn’t take your post confrontational at all.

I suppose I took the Coyotes as a comparison simply because they play in the same division and had a similar schedule to what the Knights face this year.

Also just trying to illustrate how difficult it’ll be for the Knights to accumulate 71 points. If the Coyotes, with the talent they have, couldn’t do it last year how can Vegas, as thin as they are, do it this year?

As a season ticket holder I’m 100% behind what McPhee’s game plan is for this team.

As a sports bettor I’m 110% behind it because once the Knights fail to reach 71 points more than half of my season tickets are paid for.

Eventually the Knights will be playoff bound and have a young exciting team. Sooner than later I’m willing to guess.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Appreciate your input and didn’t take your post confrontational at all.

I suppose I took the Coyotes as a comparison simply because they play in the same division and had a similar schedule to what the Knights face this year.

Also just trying to illustrate how difficult it’ll be for the Knights to accumulate 71 points. If the Coyotes, with the talent they have, couldn’t do it last year how can Vegas, as thin as they are, do it this year?

As a season ticket holder I’m 100% behind what McPhee’s game plan is for this team.

As a sports bettor I’m 110% behind it because once the Knights fail to reach 71 points more than half of my season tickets are paid for.

Eventually the Knights will be playoff bound and have a young exciting team. Sooner than later I’m willing to guess.

Glad I didn't come off as a dick lol. As I said above I think you're overrating how good the coyotes were last year. Many of the players you listed didn't play up to their potential and the team was poorly coached, so I think their point total was a below what it could've been. I think Vancouver might be a better comparison, and they had a really hard time in the same division last year so you may be dead on. Though maybe a Vancouver fan will come in and say something similar to what I did haha.

I agree the Knights will have a very difficult time hitting 71 points unless they seriously upgrade their D. I really think their forward group is better than most think it will be, and Fleury is a solid goalie, but that blue line is rough. Even if Theodore makes the team out of camp and has a great rookie year(not exactly a safe bet) it's still very thin.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00