Knights Season Point Total

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
Westgate sporstbook have been putting up some numbers regarding the Knights.

Yesterday they put up their season point total at 70.5. While I’m totally behind McPhee’s plan to build for the future he’s still punting 2017-18. In my mind they are closer to 60 points at the end of the year than 70. (Season point total has moved and currently at 69.5 )

Other props of interest:
Will they make the playoffs?
Yes....+650
No....-1000

Win the cup....200/1

opening night in Dallas:
Knights +220
Stars -250

Total 5.5

First home game:
Coyotes +100
Knights -110

Total 5.5

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
70 points last year would have put Vegas in a three way tie for 3rd last in the league.

I think that's about right. I am project a finish somewhere around 25th in the league in points.

Maybe worse if Meth is traded.

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
70 points last year would have put Vegas in a three way tie for 3rd last in the league.

I think that's about right. I am project a finish somewhere around 25th in the league in points.

Maybe worse if Meth is traded.

Unloading many of these players will prove difficult. They are already near the cap ceiling according to capfriendly.com and are handcuffed in signing UFAs this summer until they do.

$4.9 million is not exactly a bargain for any team willing to take on Method at this point. Any decent return value on him probably won’t be realized until the trade deadline.
http://nationalpost.com/sports/hock...mmer/wcm/cb55f538-7113-48c0-b3ad-caced9438011

George McPhee had all the power heading into the NHL expansion draft. Now the Vegas GM has a roster with way too many defenceman. “Now we can hold him hostage the way he held us hostage,†said an NHL GM. “The power has shifted.â€

Toronto Sun

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If they put some good penalty killing defensemen in the lineup I have a hard time seeing them fall below 70 points.

Garrison, McNabb, Stoner, Merrill kill a lot of penalties - the question is do they do it well?

Last edited:

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
If they put some good penalty killing defensemen in the lineup I have a hard time seeing them fall below 70 points.

Garrison, McNabb, Stoner, Merrill kill a lot of penalties - the question is do they do it well?

Which defensemen on this roster are capable of carrying the puck out of their own end?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Schmidt, Garrison, Miller and Theo

I know I'm probably getting annoying floating Methot's boat by now, but he is very underrated in skating the puck out of danger and making an easy and clean breakout pass up the ice. Safe as can be on both sides of the puck until he reaches for one of his patented hip checks.

If you ever get bored, look at the 10-20 hip check highlights he has on YouTube. Can really hype you up for this guy.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Methot's the best trade chip on the team out of the older guys they wanna move and his salary along with the dman logjam as I've stated before needs to be moved.

Keep in mind that this will probably be more of a tank year than last year. No team was really going all out to tank for Nico or Nolan last year. Definetely with both high-end dmen and forward prospects projected to go in the top 5 this year, I'd expect the points totals to be a bit lower than 70 at the bottom if you exclude Colorado's 48 pts. I'm thinking 70-75 points would be a pretty respectable season while around 80-85 would be a really good accomplishment if Gallant's that good of a coach.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
As with most sports bets, the number is in the right place.

I don't see value on either side, and I'd put money on the over because of optimism. In theory, 50% of us should think they'll go over and 50% of us will think they go under. It's why discussing lines is fun, it's a 50/50 shot.

Every point it goes down makes me happier on my side and more likely to go throw a couple bucks on it, but I think 70.5 is a good number.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
As with most sports bets, the number is in the right place.

I don't see value on either side, and I'd put money on the over because of optimism. In theory, 50% of us should think they'll go over and 50% of us will think they go under. It's why discussing lines is fun, it's a 50/50 shot.

Every point it goes down makes me happier on my side and more likely to go throw a couple bucks on it, but I think 70.5 is a good number.

Agree. They have the number in the right spot, as usual. I'm completely torn and see no reason why they will hit or miss 70 points. If I had to bet it, I'd take the over simply because I want to cheer for them and not against them.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
I can be fan as much as anyone else and I certainly understand looking through rose colored glasses but in order for this team to exceed 70.5 points they would have to win 30 games, (30-41-11). Who is this roster beating 30 times? Arizona Coyotes had a established lineup last year, somehow managed to win 30 games, and they still couldn’t reach 71 points. Can you compare this Knights' roster to Vrbata, Ekman-Larrson, Dvorak, Hanzal, Domi, Goligoski, Rieder, Doan, Perlini, Burmistrov, Duclair, etc.?

Keep in mind there will be injuries to the few decent pieces Vegas has. Who takes their place when these guys hit the IR? They will also be unloading any and all come trade dead line. No question all this franchise wants, at this point, is as many draft picks as possible. The team that starts the season probably will be better than the team that finishes.

Knights don't hit 60 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad