GDT: Knights of the Round Table @ Devils, 7:30 PM, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
HF Devils is unusually active though. Our GDTs often have a lot more pages than even the much larger fanbase teams hit.
Seems it has to do a lot with a team's presence around the wider internet. I remember when I first started following online Devils stuff in the mid/late 00s that you kind of had here, NJDevs, and Devils Rule as pretty busy message boards, while now it mostly seems like here, All About the Jersey, and obviously bigger general platforms like Reddit.

Makes me curious what kind of online footprint a lot of other clubs have, big or small.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Seems it has to do a lot with a team's presence around the wider internet. I remember when I first started following online Devils stuff in the mid/late 00s that you kind of had here, NJDevs, and Devils Rule as pretty busy message boards, while now it mostly seems like here, All About the Jersey, and obviously bigger general platforms like Reddit.

Makes me curious what kind of online footprint a lot of other clubs have, big or small.
NJDevs declined quite a bit so it's mostly all here. The devils Reddit is kind of dumb and way too meme-focused. I did like posting there during some of the later games in our bad seasons, because you could openly cheer for the team to lose to get a draft pick, unlike here. This place has turned into a ghost town post-deadline in many of our losing seasons.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
that crowd pop on dougie’s equalizer was f***ing gorgeous in person oh my god

The funny thing is the crowd was dead for most of the third period but came to life like seconds before the goal, almost as if they willed it.

Both of you nailed it and it's what made the eruption incredible. Hearing the crowd push for the team upon entering the zone after failing to do so for a few minutes it felt like and instantly hit the tying goal was so incredibly satisfying.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hell yeah it was. Sounded like a playoff game! No one can shit on our fans anymore for not supporting our team. Anyone with half a brain knows thats only because half of NJ hockey fans support stupid New York and then criticize the size of our fanbase lol. We'll never be the more popular team in the market and im fine with that.16,512 is the right size for our capacity we have a big enough cult to fill it up! Good atmosphere and good optics for those watching from around the hockey world. Makes me feel proud!
We also represent fairly well in out of town games, as very audibly heard on our recent California trip.

And I see it in both the Florida buildings in person, as well.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
NJDevs declined quite a bit so it's mostly all here. The devils Reddit is kind of dumb and way too meme-focused. I did like posting there during some of the later games in our bad seasons, because you could openly cheer for the team to lose to get a draft pick, unlike here. This place has turned into a ghost town post-deadline in many of our losing seasons.
reddit is way better than here imo. dipshits are downvoted to oblivion so you never have to read their comments and they never spiral the conversation out of control.
Reddit is pretty popular

I just don’t like Reddit’s layout it makes things confusing
you have to use the app, the website is basically unreadable.

Reactions: FooteBahl

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
View attachment 640962

Can’t even see the puck or Hughes for that matter and it winds up on Dougie’s tape

So ..... Jack basically getting mugged, beaten and left for dead. Should be a penalty. Should, but this is the NHL. Anyway, in another world, a penalty is called and Hamilton's shot is stopped by Thompson. How does this play out since there's still roughly 50 seconds left on the current PP?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man, watching the highlights again and getting goosebumps from the arena exploding when Dougie ties it up.

It’s been a long time since The Rock was consistently this loud. Good stuff.
The building also had a pretty deafening pop when the penalty was first called. That was almost as loud as when we tied it, but not as loud as when we won it.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
78sbmw.jpg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We also represent fairly well in out of town games, as very audibly heard on our recent California trip.

And I see it in both the Florida buildings in person, as well.
I remember last time NJ played in Florida there was that loony yelling at the top of his lungs at Blackwood after the game. Wasn’t he taken away by security and held in a mental facility for observation?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I had asked this question last night, here's the answer, I'm surprised he's the first one to do it since 3v3...

On a list with beloved Rangers legend/fan favorite Tom Poti no less!

If you don’t remember Poti, that’s called sarcasm. When Ranger fans decide to hate one of their own players they go all in, this guy got booed when he scored.

And there was this:

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
So ..... Jack basically getting mugged, beaten and left for dead. Should be a penalty. Should, but this is the NHL. Anyway, in another world, a penalty is called and Hamilton's shot is stopped by Thompson. How does this play out since there's still roughly 50 seconds left on the current PP?

5 on 3 I believe

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad