Knights of the Old Republic Remake

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
When do you think it will be released? I'm thinking they are fairly far into development as remakes are usually annouced when significant progress is made, Alan Wake, RE2, RE3 and uncharted come to mind, i don't think this is years away
Considering they didn't show any game play, I'd be pretty surprised if it is out before 2023.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Considering they didn't show any game play, I'd be pretty surprised if it is out before 2023.
It depends on the developer. Jedi Fallen Order was so early in development when it was announced in 2018 that they literally didn't even have a titlecard. They just verbally announced the title. It was released in 2019.

However, the bad news is that the developer sony assigned is known for doing exclusively ports and up until recently exclusively android and Mac ports. Genuinely baffling pick by Sony.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Never played this game. The last Star Wars game I played was the n64 one back in the day which was awesome. Lol.
are you talking about Shadow of the Empire? one of my favourite star wars games ever. really pushed the N64 to the limit

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
are you talking about Shadow of the Empire? one of my favourite star wars games ever. really pushed the N64 to the limit

Correct. Loved that game. Though the way everyone is talking about this Old Republic game I will have to play the old one and see how it is. I wonder how the N64 version stacks up to it.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Correct. Loved that game. Though the way everyone is talking about this Old Republic game I will have to play the old one and see how it is. I wonder how the N64 version stacks up to it.
you gotta play it bro. one of the greatest games and stories of all time. that twist at the end... damn
if you like the old star wars movies you'll love knights of the old republic.

Reactions: JBeast

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
you gotta play it bro. one of the greatest games and stories of all time. that twist at the end... damn
It's pretty easy to play it too, I'm not sure if it's on PS4 or Xbox but it's definitely for sale on PC.

Reactions: NinjaKick

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Good to know. The old star wars movies are the only ones I actually like. The rest are garbage to me. lol

Reactions: NinjaKick

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
If the game isn't a timed exclusive isn't it odd for Sony to specify that it's a console exclusive at launch? I don't think they would say that unless there are plans for the game to be on other platforms in the future. A PC version has also been confirmed for launch so that isn't the platform it would be ported to in the future.

I'm not saying it isn't possibly the case but it would be very odd given what has been said about the game thus far.

What has been said about the game so far? A bunch of articles speculating that it is a timed exclusive by a bunch of people that don't really know? The only thing we have to go on right now is the trailer that you posted, which starts off with "Sony Interactive Presents" and ends with "A Legend Remade for PS5". Games that are usually timed exclusives don't start off with "Sony Interactive Presents".

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
What has been said about the game so far? A bunch of articles speculating that it is a timed exclusive by a bunch of people that don't really know? The only thing we have to go on right now is the trailer that you posted, which starts off with "Sony Interactive Presents" and ends with "A Legend Remade for PS5". Games that are usually timed exclusives don't start off with "Sony Interactive Presents".
I'm talking about what the developers have told us about the game.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is the legendary tale remade on PlayStation 5

There is the quote from the lead producer at Aspyr Media, the developer of this game. "It’s a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch". Why would they specify that the game is exclusive at launch if it isn't a timed exclusive?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
They never say its a timed exclusive when it's a timed exclusive. Sometimes they even lie and say it's not. As for the "Sony interactive presents" thing, I don't know where you got that, it's almost definitely not true. If it is Sony would be idiotic to have a timed exclusive "template" basically telling consumers it's timed and then go around and slap every dev with an airtight NDA not letting them reveal it.

It's published by Sony but Sony also publishes MLB and it's not exclusive.

I don't know if it's not permanently exclusive and won't speculate but it would both be 1) stupid of Disney to let one of their more popular star wars games be Sony exclusive and 2) rare for Sony to make an IP that they don't own permanently exclusive edit: this isn't true, there's quite a few. Still I'd be surprised.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Good to know. The old star wars movies are the only ones I actually like. The rest are garbage to me. lol

I'm the same way and was disappointed when I played it, to be honest. It felt to me a lot more like the prequels (Jedi everywhere, droid soldiers, everything new and shiny, etc.), which makes sense, since it was made when the prequels were current. I'm sure that it's a good game, but I couldn't get into it because I just don't have a lot of interest in Star Wars eras and aesthetics that are different than the original trilogy. If that's you, too, then you might be disappointed, but try it for yourself to find out. I'll give it another chance, myself, after the remake is released, assuming that the reviews are positive.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I'm talking about what the developers have told us about the game.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is the legendary tale remade on PlayStation 5

There is the quote from the lead producer at Aspyr Media, the developer of this game. "It’s a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch". Why would they specify that the game is exclusive at launch if it isn't a timed exclusive?

"Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is a creative collaborator in the project, working closely on development with Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games, particularly on how to take full advantage of its newest, cutting-edge platform.
“Having SIE on board has been fantastic,” says Kellogg. “They’re helping all of us navigate this space and navigate their hardware with an inside track on the cutting edge.”

Sony is developing. Sony is funding.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Strikes Back with New Remake | StarWars.com

They never say its a timed exclusive when it's a timed exclusive. Sometimes they even lie and say it's not. As for the "Sony interactive presents" thing, I don't know where you got that, it's almost definitely not true. If it is Sony would be idiotic to have a timed exclusive "template" basically telling consumers it's timed and then go around and slap every dev with an airtight NDA not letting them reveal it.

It's published by Sony but Sony also publishes MLB and it's not exclusive.

I don't know if it's not permanently exclusive and won't speculate but it would both be 1) stupid of Disney to let one of their more popular star wars games be Sony exclusive and 2) rare for Sony to make an IP that they don't own permanently exclusive edit: this isn't true, there's quite a few. Still I'd be surprised.
It is literally the very first thing that plays in the trailer. Like, the very first thing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It is literally the very first thing that plays in the trailer. Like, the very first thing.
In this trailer. You seem to be saying if thats shown on any trailer it means its not a timed exclusive. Thats what I'm talking about when I say I'm not sure where you got that. In fact its not shown in a ton of games that 100% are non-timed exclusives.

Last edited:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Sony literally calls it a "console exclusive at launch." That means it is timed exclusive. What else is there to get?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Question for you lot, I have never played KOTOR II and it's on sale at Steam for like four bucks, worth it? I mean any game at like five dollars is worth it, but I don't have much free time and I hear this isn't as good as the original since it was made by a different company. I just want to know if the game is good enough to actually spend the 30+ hours to play over other amazing games like Ghost of Tsushima (which I took a break from)?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Question for you lot, I have never played KOTOR II and it's on sale at Steam for like four bucks, worth it? I mean any game at like five dollars is worth it, but I don't have much free time and I hear this isn't as good as the original since it was made by a different company. I just want to know if the game is good enough to actually spend the 30+ hours to play over other amazing games like Ghost of Tsushima (which I took a break from)?

I think the story is better than KOTOR 1. Game play is pretty much the game.

Reactions: S E P H

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Of course you should get it, and there's a PC patch to add in some of what was cut from the game. It was developed by Obsidion, who also made Fallout New Vegas among a host of other high quality games.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad