GDT: Knights defeat Senators 5-4 in Canada's national capital this Saturday afternoon, Nov. 4th, 2017

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Canada's first-ever Prime Minister Sir John A. MacDonald received a Knighthood of the British Empire. Here he is on the $10 bill. FUN FACT: The bill is indestructible in your hands (special paper cannot be ripped, burnt or wettened.
170111_g99br_rci-m-bannote_sn635.jpg

:sens
NOTES:
  • The Sens are finishing off a 3-game home stint this week after beating the Wings 3-1 Thursday and losing to the Canadiens 3-8 on Monday.
  • The Sens have 6 wins, 2 losses and 5 overtime losses (four of them in shootout).
  • Today's game is an early afternoon affair in Ottawa (11am Vegas) and is an official SELL OUT.
  • 36-year-old Anderson gets the call again, having stopped 24 of 25 Thursday after being pulled Monday when he gave up 6 goals on just 15 shots faced.
  • Zach Smith has seven points (four goals, three assists) in his past six games.
  • The Sens star winger Bobby Ryan is still out with injury suffered in October.
  • The Sens will next head to Sweden for back-to-back games against the Avs late next week.

Beware the three Sens with jersey numbers in the 60's
The statistical leaders in Ottawa:

#61 Mark Stone 8 goals
#65 Erik Karlsson 12 assists
#68 Mike Hoffman 54 shots
#19 Derick Brassard takes the most faceoffs and is a leading 54.3%
#44 J-G Pageau 29 hits
#5 Codi Ceci 34 blocked shots

Sens coach says Vegas is "the hardest working team"
Ottawa head coach Guy Boucher yesterday when asked for a scouting report on the team from Vegas:

"It's very simple. They are a meat and potatoes team, that is absolutely relentless. That's it, that's how they get their success... This is probably the hardest working team in the league. Period. I mean there are some really hard working teams in the league, but this one, from watching quite a few games actually, is very impressive in that respect. And that's how they get their success. A lot of people say 'they've got all the guys that teams let go'. Yeah, but they've got a lot of guys with experience. And what I find is the NHL is about depth. You've got high end talent. If you've got high end talent without the depth, you can't sustain what you're doing. And maybe they don't have lots of high end talent, they've got some, but what they've got that a lot of teams don't have is four-lines and three pairs of D that are more than able. They've got guys that are not only good NHLers, but guys that contribute. They're all hard working guys, and I think you can see they're on a mission. They started the year being told they weren't good enough. Their old teams didn't protect them and they ended up in Vegas. I'd be like them, too. And that's what they look like. They're on the ice and they're hungry. They want to prove something. They're an extremely, extremely hard team to beat, as a lot of teams have noticed. That's what we're expecting, so we're getting ready for a major battle. It's gonna be relentless against relentless, because that's what I think our team is too. So it's gonna be a great game to watch."

(Click to find channel in your area)
Cox: 313(SD)/1313(HD)
DirecTV: 684 (HD)
Centurylink: 760(SD)/1760(HD)

(Click for link to listen online)​

:vegas
Perron - Eakin - Neal
Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Haula - Lindberg - Tuch
Carrier - Bellemare - Nosek

Schmidt - Sbisa
Miller - Theodore
Engeland - McNabb

Lagace
Ferguson

vs.

:sens
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Smith
Pyatt - Pageau - DiDomenico
Rodewald - Thompson - Burrows

Phaneuf - Karlsson
Oduya - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Note: The lines I'm guessing at, using last game and the other boards as reference.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
We just might see our franchise's first shootout! :naughty:

Ottawa has had five of them with a 1-4 record.

Here the Sens lost at home to the Los Angeles Kings 2-3 in the shootout on October 24th:

cut.jpg

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Little miscommunication there.

Goucher is always a little too positive, that was a poor play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad