Proposal: Knights 9 - Sharks 1

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Two things to greatly improve... passing and hitting the net. Both atrocious this game.

One day we will remember how to play 3 on 3.

But Dell was surprisingly solid this game.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We are a crossbar and magnificent save away from being 1-7 on this stretch. We need right handed defensemen. It is very awkward on our defensemen playing the wrong side and contributes to our lack of solid transitional or breakout play and the poor passing. It also doesn't help us keep pucks in the zone.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
It bothers me that this team needs Fleury to be superhuman just to have a chance to win. Even when he brought his A game against Toronto the team still barely hung on to win.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Soon been a year since our last OT goal, we played pretty bad this game aside from 4th line, so an OTL is ok. Need to work on entries, passes, and the way we clear the puck.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Give SJS some credit- they brought their defensive A game and Dell stood on his head. It happens.

They had about 100 unforced turnovers last night.

Though at least I can take solace in SJ missing the playoffs and giving Ottawa another shot at the draft lottery. That EK contract will burn them for years to come.

Last edited:

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
VGK players are delusional; Dell was solid last night, but FAR from spectacular.

He didn't need to be....we had very few high danger chances in regulation. Our shooting was despicable.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
They had about 100 unforced turnovers last night.

Though at least I can take solace in SJ missing the playoffs and giving Ottawa another shot at the draft lottery. That EK contract will burn them for years to come.

The Sharks aren’t far from a playoff spot now after winning 7 of the last 8.

Reactions: AaronDellForPrez

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
It bothers me that this team needs Fleury to be superhuman just to have a chance to win. Even when he brought his A game against Toronto the team still barely hung on to win.
To be fair, this is our third year in the league. Almost every player we have (Glass excepted) was not a top 8 player on their team, and few were first round draft choices. This is especially obvious when we lose in OT, as our team is based on team play, rolling 4 lines etc. We lack an elite sniper (I'm not a Pacioretty fan, he was supposed to be that guy, but while he isn't bad, he's not a 7 mil a year player). We have other holes, but on the whole I think we do pretty well for a team lacking elite talent.

I don't want the team to go crazy and trade the future for an ephemeral shot at the Cup right now. I would rather we just keep building our team and be a perennial powerhouse rather than a one-shot wonder and then be Ottawa for 10 years, especially as Vegas will always be a great free agent destination (good weather, great city, great fans and organization is uber first class)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
To be fair, this is our third year in the league. Almost every player we have (Glass excepted) was not a top 8 player on their team, and few were first round draft choices. This is especially obvious when we lose in OT, as our team is based on team play, rolling 4 lines etc. We lack an elite sniper (I'm not a Pacioretty fan, he was supposed to be that guy, but while he isn't bad, he's not a 7 mil a year player). We have other holes, but on the whole I think we do pretty well for a team lacking elite talent.

I don't want the team to go crazy and trade the future for an ephemeral shot at the Cup right now. I would rather we just keep building our team and be a perennial powerhouse rather than a one-shot wonder and then be Ottawa for 10 years, especially as Vegas will always be a great free agent destination (good weather, great city, great fans and organization is uber first class)

They already went crazy building a winner now, Fleury isn't getting younger and they aren't waiting.

We have our top six full of players who would be among the 8 best on a lot of teams. We have Fleury, one of the best goalies in the league and we have Schmidt on the defensive side, Theodore also but he has struggled. We have enough talented forwards that goals should not be a problem.

We could use defensive help but defense in the league now relies on team defense and sticking to a system that gets results. Look at the Islanders, who don't have these great top 8 players or a solid defense on paper who are getting it done.

Now look at the Leafs, who have a lot of players who would fit into that top 8 scheme but are struggling right near the Senators who absolutely do not.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Sharks aren’t far from a playoff spot now after winning 7 of the last 8.

They desperately needed a regulation win against Vegas last night. Without Hertl their offense was anemic and Thornton looks like he has 1 foot in the door at the retirement complex at Del Boca Vista.

They didn't look like a team that can surge back and get a Wildcard spot.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They desperately needed a regulation win against Vegas last night. Without Hertl their offense was anemic and Thornton looks like he has 1 foot in the door at the retirement complex at Del Boca Vista.

Then what did we look like!?!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If only we put more emphasis on practicing entries, and finishing plays. We're one of the best team in the league at creating scoring chances, but one of the worst at finishing them lol.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
They already went crazy building a winner now, Fleury isn't getting younger and they aren't waiting.

We have our top six full of players who would be among the 8 best on a lot of teams. We have Fleury, one of the best goalies in the league and we have Schmidt on the defensive side, Theodore also but he has struggled. We have enough talented forwards that goals should not be a problem.

We could use defensive help but defense in the league now relies on team defense and sticking to a system that gets results. Look at the Islanders, who don't have these great top 8 players or a solid defense on paper who are getting it done.

Now look at the Leafs, who have a lot of players who would fit into that top 8 scheme but are struggling right near the Senators who absolutely do not.
Fleury gets better with age, he could fall off a proverbial cliff, but likely he has 3-4 more All-Star years.

We have a lot of good players, but I think some of the top 6 are over-rated. We need a ton more from Stastny, Glass has obvious talent but really needs more seasoning and strength, and so on. We still have the trade deadline, but right now we aren't a top tier contender with Washington and the Bruins and Blues.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
When my other team (Senators) is currently playing much better than Vegas is, I know there is a problem.

This team needs a attitude adjustment. They need to work hard and stop with the careless plays and so on.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

I agree with much of this, but outside of Edmonton nobody in the division is doing much and a team can struggle for much of the season and pick up a wild card. So I don’t think the Sharks need to be good. They just need to pass some other teams in the standings that are struggling.

Our team can’t even win 3 in a row, can’t win at home, can’t beat the Kings and Red Wings, lost 7 out of 8 games recently and still would make the playoffs today.

2019-2020 Current NHL Playoff Matchups, Pairings - National Hockey League - ESPN

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
When my other team (Senators) is currently playing much better than Vegas is, I know there is a problem.

This team needs a attitude adjustment. They need to work hard and stop with the careless plays and so on.

Right now they're doing everything right except working hard for rebounds and getting to the blue paint. Way too many careless passes in hopes that it will get through 1 or 2 sticks to an open man.

The only goal they scored was a harmless shot that was almost deflected with bodies in front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad