Injury Report: Knies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hopefully it's not too bad. Silver lining is that this could be a good chance to see what Holmberg can bring to the table in more of an offensive role, playing heavy minutes. I feel like it's kind of now or never for Pontus.

Maybe go to...

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Holmberg-Tavares-Nylander

Not sure Holmberg would be a natural fit in the Knies role along with Matthews and Marner, but I'm open to trying that out as well.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
tough break. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, but the video of him getting helped off the ice did not look promising.

Damn shame if he misses significant time from this. He has been playing so well lately. Clearly had sky high confidence

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Hopefully it's not too bad. Silver lining is that this could be a good chance to see what Holmberg can bring to the table in more of an offensive role, playing heavy minutes. I feel like it's kind of now or never for Pontus.

Maybe go to...

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Holmberg-Tavares-Nylander

Not sure Holmberg would be a natural fit in the Knies role along with Matthews and Marner, but I'm open to trying that out as well.
Bertuzzi fine where he is. Don't screw with 2 top lines

Reactions: horner

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Bertuzzi fine where he is. Don't screw with 2 top lines
Would you slide Holmberg in with Matthews and Marner, or go with an even softer option like Robertson? I don't really want to move Domi or Jarnkrok up because I like them as third line foundational pieces and that line needs to keep producing... With Mitch playing such a soft game though, I think you need somebody to help Matthews retrieve pucks in the offensive end.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would you slide Holmberg in with Matthews and Marner, or go with an even softer option like Robertson? I don't really want to move Domi or Jarnkrok up because I like them as third line foundational pieces... With Mitch playing such a soft game though, I think you need somebody to help Matthews retrieve pucks in the offensive end.
IMO, Robertson is a terrible option there but he's probably just a place holder for practice.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
IMO, Robertson is a terrible option there but he's probably just a place holder for practice.
Agreed. Robertson + Marner sounds like an absolute nightmare when it comes to small, soft, weak players playing with Matthews.

I feel like they know Jarnkrok can fill that roll, but I like his chemistry that is developing with Domi. I would much rather give Holmberg a look or slide Bertuzzi up a line if you need a little but more jam.

Reactions: horner and ACC1224

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I don't believe Robertson is soft in any way, but I agree that he is not a good option to play with Matthews and Marner
He cannot stay on his feet. Even against an awful Sharks team last night, anytime he's anywhere near the wall, he just gets put down on the ice. I don't think he has a soft mentality, but his body just does not allow him to play along the boards at all... He and Mitch on the end boards / side wall together sounds like an abject disaster.

Reactions: Jojalu

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I think the point is 1 line got screwed up so why screw up 2
I'm sympathetic to that argument. Don't get me wrong, I love what the Nylander line (mostly Will himself) has been doing as of late, so I'm happy to try somebody like Holmberg with Matthews and Marner... But if you need Bertuzzi's game up there with them, I don't think losing Bertuzzi off his line for a while is going to slow Willie down.

Reactions: danny90

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
He cannot stay on his feet. Even against an awful Sharks team last night, anytime he's anywhere near the wall, he just gets put down on the ice. I don't think he has a soft mentality, but his body just does not allow him to play along the boards at all... He and Mitch on the end boards / side wall together sounds like an abject disaster.
He does get knocked down quite easily. I don't know if his equilibrium is off. He needs to bulk up like a running back

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
He does get knocked down quite easily. I don't know if his equilibrium is off. He needs to bulk up like a running back
I think he just needs time. He's 22 and has missed a couple long stretches to injuries that have cost him the ability to really build up his lower body.

He needs to get on that HGH diet and add about 10-12 pounds in his lower body and 5-7 pounds in his upper body.

Try McMann man there.
Heavier, and can finish.
I'm not against it. Maybe he's another Hyman in the making. I'm just itching to get Holmberg an extended look in a major minute / offensive roll. McMann is already 27 years old, Holmberg is just entering his prime years at 24 years old. I really want to know if we have a future top 6 player in Pontus, as we're going to need cheap cap hits that can round out the top 6 in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad