Klingberg is amazing

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
And to think some Stars fans believe he should be traded. Smh. Not very often you get a potential 70+ point 25 year old dman making $4.25 million AAV on a big contract. Not to mention he was a 5th round pick, just like Jamie Benn. What's up with the Stars luck in the 5th round?

As for the Norris, I really hope he gets it after he got robbed of the Calder his rookie season. His defensive play may not be the best at all times, but the NHL should recognize how drastically he has improved in all areas and his ice time is only going up. Hopefully he wins, but I have doubt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He is on pace for 77p. Has not slowed down at all. Norris bound.

Another crazy thing? With a team that has Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Spezza, etc...no one wouldve guessed that Klingberg may end up leading all of them in scoring this season. Currently tied with Jamie Benn for the team lead in points (43). It's a tight race though

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
He racks up a ton of secondary assists while playing with elite forwards. His defense is still suspect. Subban an Jones are have much better all round seasons.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He racks up a ton of secondary assists while playing with elite forwards. His defense is still suspect. Subban an Jones are have much better all round seasons.

Do you have an exact count on how many of his assists are secondary? Also, it should be noted that Klingberg is one of the best setup dmen and passing dmen in the NHL, and it's pretty likely the goal comes off of a great play made by him.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
And to think some Stars fans believe he should be traded. Smh. Not very often you get a potential 70+ point 25 year old dman making $4.25 million AAV on a big contract. Not to mention he was a 5th round pick, just like Jamie Benn. What's up with the Stars luck in the 5th round?

As for the Norris, I really hope he gets it after he got robbed of the Calder his rookie season. His defensive play may not be the best at all times, but the NHL should recognize how drastically he has improved in all areas and his ice time is only going up. Hopefully he wins, but I have doubt.

When Klingberg is on the ice, his team actually allows less than goals than if he's not on the ice, and it's been like this since he started his career, so I feel he's doing something right on the ice to prevent goals against, and not so much just luck factor. Or his style actually fits the goalies.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Someone who can't play D isn't gonna win the Norris.

Can you explain why Klingberg is consistently putting up fantastic corsi and GOALS suppression numbers? I thought to traditionalists, the point of playing defense is preventing goals (That's technically the goalies job), so the fact that Klingberg allows less goals than his peers 5on5 means he's already a good defenseman by traditionalists point of view.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He’s easily one of the top 3 most underrated defensemen not just in real life but on NHL 18 too. Seth Jones is up there too when it comes to being vastly underrated but he’s starting to gain more recognition league wide.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
3 questions that determines Klingberg's odds

How long is Hedman out

Is Doughty making the playoffs

Can Morgan Rielly carry a "no way Boston passes us, we have better chance at leaping Tampa" slumping leafs fan base to a top 4 seed?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
He will definitely win the Norris on my NHL18 PS4 franchise, but we'll have to see if he wins it IRL

Reactions: Guerzy

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's real gud

What sucks is that Hedman was playing the best hockey of his career before the injury. That will take him out of the Norris race however. So my finalists at the moment are Doughty Klingberg and Pietrangelo.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
If Burns won the Norris last year, there is no reason why Klingberg shouldn't win it this season (assuming he continues his current production to the end of the season, and Dallas makes the playoffs).

However, if Hedman only misses three weeks, and returns to his pre-injury form/production, I could see him win it instead. Personally, I think Hedman should have won the award last year.

Hedman is supposed to miss 3-6 weeks. With the current bye-weeks and All-Star break, he might not end up missing many games.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He's real gud

What sucks is that Hedman was playing the best hockey of his career before the injury. That will take him out of the Norris race however. So my finalists at the moment are Doughty Klingberg and Pietrangelo.

hesman was the front runner. pietrangelo has cooled off. doughty is my favourite at this point.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'd be happy just with a nomination.

As mentioned earlier, he was robbed of the Calder albeit against a pretty deep group of impressive rookies.

Still, the way he's playing it'd look really bad on the voters if he keeps it up and doesn't wind up at least a top three finisher in voting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad