Klingberg is a healthy scratch tonight

PeterForsberg

Aug 4, 2012
Although it seems like he's scratched for not attending a morning meeting, but his recent form cannot be too ideal.

Does Klingberg shape up and perform as a great offensive defender again?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Was at his last game against the Oilers. Way too many defensive mistakes (beyond the own goal) but showed a ton of flashes in the offensive zone.

He'll be fine.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Although it seems like he's scratched for not attending a morning meeting, but his recent form cannot be too ideal.

Does Klingberg shape up and perform as a great offensive defender again?

I mean despite his abysmal start he still has 10 points in 19 games. He will likely always be the solid offensive D. He just needs to calm down and try to go back to last year were he was more rounded than he is right now

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
From what I have seen - which is limited - this guy plays D the way half of hfboards think Karlsson plays D.

Which is, not well.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I'm sure we've all had times where we've been late to work. It happens. How he responds says more about his character then just missing 1 team meeting. But who knows, it could have been a multitude of things. He's still young and maturing. Nothing to worry about at all.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Hockey is weird, why does he have to apologize to his team mates for missing a meeting? Not saying it's right but **** does happen. If a co-worker didn't show up to a meeting at my work I wouldn't really give a **** or expect an apology.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If you're going to play like crap the least you can do is show up at the meeting to talk about your crap play. After his performance on Saturday he should have been the 1st person there on Sunday.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Hockey is weird, why does he have to apologize to his team mates for missing a meeting? Not saying it's right but **** does happen. If a co-worker didn't show up to a meeting at my work I wouldn't really give a **** or expect an apology.

A team is a much more tight nit group than you're typical work environment. It's like a army platoon, though I'm in no way trying to belittle soldiers by comparing them to athletes. As a team, you win together and lose together; so when one guy makes a mistake on the ice or off, a good teammate would want to own up to that responsibility to the rest of the team. He certainly doesn't have to apologize but it definitely shows that he's a good teammate.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
lol at trade offers coming in... he is signed for a complete steal of a contract long term and he is one of the best offensive dmen in the league... he is going NOWHERE... he was late, coach had to deal with this and they are healthy scratching.. its happened in the past with unreal players and itll keep happening

I love watching the Stars play and think Klingberg is a great player, but I am really happy to see Ruff do this

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Confidence is 50% of pro sports.

I agree with this and he hasn't been playing with much of it this season. I really wanted him scratched tonight to hopefully light a fire under him so this works out. Honka and Lindell are in tonight, which will be interesting. personally, I've found Lindell to be one of the stars most consistent and solid defenders, I have no idea why he was sent down to begin with. He's easily better than the rotating 7th D's the Stars keep giving a shot. Hell, he'd been playing mostly top pairing minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad