Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin to San Jose for Radim Simek and NJ 7th; Simek loaned to GR

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Alright kids, do we think Stevie is cooking something else up?
I honestly think buchnevic/parayko/hartman are in play right now for us and we are clearing space because we can offer less to these players as we won't ask for retention (like armstrong eluded to for buchnevic).

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
This wasn't quite the move I was hoping for, but considering who's left on the board, I'm not really sure what I was expecting.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
This is effectively a trade for next year, as it gets us out from under Kostin's $2M cap hit next season.

Which is nice.

But, for the purposes of this year's deadline, we are still....

main-qimg-c20b59eba1198d60624bc4e0774c5f29-lq

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I thought Yzerman liked Russians.

How bad must Simek be if he couldn't crack the Sharks roster?

Looks like the Sharks finally threw in the towel after he's consistently missed at least 25% of the season every year with various injuries and started this one out hurt.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
seems like a pretty reasonable deal for getting rid of Kostin and his extra year

The fact that he fleeced a pick out of them is amazing. Nobody else in the league can GET picks in a cap dump. It's usually the other way around.

huh?

whats the point of this lol

also, Kostin could have been useful in the playoffs, now we have no toughness at all
He's so f'ing slow, he's useless. You don't want to draw an instigator in the playoffs either.

What this team needs is someone that can actually hit, not someone that gets run over by Gudas.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Ok, and we're calling up Berggren. So I was wrong, this was also a move for this season. We basically just traded Kostin for Berggren in a Wings-Wings internal deadline trade o_O

Reactions: Vyacheslav

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
This was a good deadline. SY knows the team's window for contention is a few years off. So he is not making moves to make moves and lose assets for rentals. A lot of our fan base is excited because we aren't a bottom dweller anymore and wants to make a move just to make a move. Luckily SY is staying the course and remaining disciplined not hurting the franchise.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This should suffice the "let's do SOMETHING" crowd.

Next will be Patrick Kane for five #1 draft picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad