Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin to San Jose for Radim Simek and NJ 7th; Simek loaned to GR

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Goal and assist for Kostin last night lol

He got almost 2 minutes of power play time. If that's not an indication of where San Jose is at, I don't know what is.

I'm happy he's getting to play though. It's not that I disliked him. He was just too slow to be the kind of 4th line I'd hoped he'd be.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
He got almost 2 minutes of power play time. If that's not an indication of where San Jose is at, I don't know what is.

I'm happy he's getting to play though. It's not that I disliked him. He was just too slow to be the kind of 4th line I'd hoped he'd be.
A 4th liner should be someone who can throw their body around and wear opponents down. A grinder. Speed is not a necessity of that position. That's part of the problem. The Wings don't have a real 4th line. Guys like Bergrren, Fabrri are not 4th liners.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
A 4th liner should be someone who can throw their body around and wear opponents down. A grinder. Speed is not a necessity of that position. That's part of the problem. The Wings don't have a real 4th line. Guys like Bergrren, Fabrri are not 4th liners.

I agree with your assessment of what a 4th liner should be and of Berggren and Fabbri. But Kostin couldn't seem to keep up with the play enough to throw the body around and wear opponents down.

I attribute that to a lack of speed.

Reactions: norrisnick

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Time to move on from Kostin. The way RW playing now has nothing to do with Kostin. Good luck to him, to bad Yzerman did not sell more

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I agree with your assessment of what a 4th liner should be and of Berggren and Fabbri. But Kostin couldn't seem to keep up with the play enough to throw the body around and wear opponents down.

I attribute that to a lack of speed.
So whom do you want that can hit and skate?

Jordin Tootoo isn’t walking through that door. Dallas Drake isn’t walking through that door.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
So whom do you want that can hit and skate?

Jordin Tootoo isn’t walking through that door. Dallas Drake isn’t walking through that door.

Well that's a different conversation and I'm not that knowledgable about who's out there.

My point was I wanted Kostin to be that guy but he couldn't manage to play that way.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Time to move on from Kostin. The way RW playing now has nothing to do with Kostin. Good luck to him, to bad Yzerman did not sell more

Just for information, Kostin is at 2nd PP Unit for the Sharks. He has got 1 point of his 4 (in 5 games) on the power-play.

They did sell Hertl and Duclair away in front of him, and Couture is injured for season. Also Mike Hoffman in currently injured.

SJS 1st PP:
Zetterlund - Granlund - Eklund - Bordeleau

(pointman) Addison

SJS 2nd PP:
Kunin - Kostin - Barabanov - Zadina

(pointman) McDonald

So for Red Wings, comparable situation would have been, that we will sell Larkin, Compher is injured, Perron is traded and Fabbri is injured.

Those kind of changes will open a similar chance for Kostin on a power-play.

DET comparable SJS 1st PP:
DeBrincat - Raymond - Veleno - Kane

(pointman) Gostisbehere

DET comparable SJS 2nd PP:
Sprong - Kostin - Copp - Berggren

(pointman) Seider

He is there only, if the roster is weakened crap and having multiple injuries.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Just for information, Kostin is at 2nd PP Unit for the Sharks. He has got 1 point of his 4 (in 5 games) on the power-play.

They did sell Hertl and Duclair away in front of him, and Couture is injured for season. Also Mike Hoffman in currently injured.

SJS 1st PP:
Zetterlund - Granlund - Eklund - Bordeleau

(pointman) Addison

SJS 2nd PP:
Kunin - Kostin - Barabanov - Zadina

(pointman) McDonald

So for Red Wings, comparable situation would have been, that we will sell Larkin, Compher is injured, Perron is traded and Fabbri is injured.

Those kind of changes will open a similar chance for Kostin on a power-play.

DET comparable SJS 1st PP:
DeBrincat - Raymond - Veleno - Kane

(pointman) Gostisbehere

DET comparable SJS 2nd PP:
Sprong - Kostin - Copp - Berggren

(pointman) Seider

He is there only, if the roster is weakened crap and having multiple injuries.
Well duh. He's Russian. Russians have always been good on powerplays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad