Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin signs 2 year extension (2 mil aav)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
And that's the word I'm fighting against. Don't be so conservative that your success completely hinges on that being NEED instead of WANT.

They can swing a trade, give up maybe one of those guys and a pick or two, still WANT one or more of those guys to pan out, and also HAVE a very good player that's already a known success.
for the right guy, at the right age, with the right contract, sure. I think the problem is New Jersey is a few years ahead of us in the process, and a lesson we should take is don't trade our "Bratt" before he becomes the Bratt that you need to gameplan against. That's all I'm cautious of.

Reactions: SirloinUB

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Good luck to Klim in Detroit and I hope he lives up to the contract for you guys. Quickly became a fan favourite here in Edmonton but the salary cap exists and it's a bit too rich for us in a flat cap world. You'll probably like him very quickly as well

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This is great news. the Wings bottom six just got to be less of a collection of spare parts and can hopefully become a physical line that cycles the puck.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
You guys are going to love him , he is ready to breakout starting to live up to his 1st round draft status , protects his teammates and has huge upside , this deal will be a steal in year 2

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
He actually seems like an awesome guy.

And I think there is some untapped potential here. He never really got a chance in the top 6 with the oilers.

From watching him regularly last season he thrives on the cycle and has a low key good shot. This isn’t the 1st line goal scorer everyone wants but I really like the add.

Pair him with Veleno and we’ll have one of the most physical line’s in the league.
Idk if I like Veleno's physical. It involves a little too much blade and not body :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: DatsDeking

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
1688240651503.png

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Ofc that's the reason. Omsk gave up just when they heard that he was going to get more than the QO. And Kenny couldn't offer more than the QO because he is already back in salary cap hell. :help:

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I watched an old interview with Klim this morning, and he was cracking jokes. Then the next question was about the other team playing physical vs the Oil elite. He got really serious really quick and just said (I'm paraphrasing) "When they play like that against McDavid, WE HEFF TO RESPOND!" Dude totally gets it, and I love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad