Value of: Klefbom

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
With Nurse on the left side and Jones starting to establish himself, might Klefbom be available for help somewhere else? If so what value would Edmonton be looking for?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Buzzkill response:

Klefbom is their #1 defenseman and that unit is currently reeling in his absence. Caleb Jones has made strides this year, but he's not ready for any level of responsibility just yet.

There's nothing you could realistically offer that would convince Edmonton to part with Klef.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Edmonton literally can't win without him in the lineup, trading him away would be the death of that team. So, do it, I say.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This could be visited in a few years if Broberg pans out.

Edmontons record without Klefbom isn’t very good. He’s our best D. Although a #2 more than a true #1 he’d only be available for an upgrade for a legit #1. Given his cap hit even that is unlikely

Reactions: Sweetpotato

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
Oiler's aren't trading their best defender signed to a very reasonable contract.

I can see a dman trade in the off season but it's not Klefbom going the other way.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Honestly can't see a realistic offer that could get him out of Edmonton. His value to us is greater than most realize. Signed long term to a great contract. Unless someone is over paying for him he's an Oiler.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
EDM might have the best DMen prospects, but they're another 2-3 years away. Klefbom is worth more to the Oilers than a return on the trade market. It took the team years to have decent DMen. Doubt they'll entertain any trade at this time.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I know EDM has a few highly thought of dman prospects but isn't defense still one of the weakest aspects of the team? I know they need a better goalie and more depth at forward but I can't see the logic in trading away your best dman when defense is a weak point for the team..

Maybe pay Ottawa a ton of money (their cheap ass owner would probably just at the offer) to get a look at their scouts review of this years draft class. Ottawa has a track record of having one of the best scouting teams and Edmonton has one of the worst.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I know EDM has a few highly thought of dman prospects but isn't defense still one of the weakest aspects of the team? I know they need a better goalie and more depth at forward but I can't see the logic in trading away your best dman when defense is a weak point for the team..

Maybe pay Ottawa a ton of money (their cheap ass owner would probably just at the offer) to get a look at their scouts review of this years draft class. Ottawa has a track record of having one of the best scouting teams and Edmonton has one of the worst.
When Klefbom is in the defense is low-key good. Ethan Bear has been a revelation this year. And it's only going to get better with Bouchard and others coming up in the future.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Bear
Jones Bouchard

If someone wants a depth D like Benning we can move him. A prospect D, maybe Samorukov could be moved for an equal winger prospect. Outside that, likely no one is available until Broberg lands in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad