Recalled/Assigned: Klefbom Recalled, Aulie Recalled (Ference Suspension), Hunt Clears Waivers & Assigned

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 1m1 minute ago
#Oilers have recalled Oscar Klefbom from @OKCBarons, placed Brad Hunt on waivers for purpose of assignment and placed Nikita Nikitin on IR.

Happy days! :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Too bad us fans can see these moves happening weeks before management does. It's like facing a 5 year old in a chess game

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
Awesome. Still doesnt explain why they played him so damn much. He's played nearly 100 ev minutes and 0 goals scored by him or his teammates. Bruutal.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Too bad us fans can see these moves happening weeks before management does. It's like facing a 5 year old in a chess game

No ****, eh?

Every single one of us peasants knew that it was a bad idea to have Hunt in for Marincin and it took them 5 games to realize what we already knew and called Marincin up finally then Nikitin gets injured and instead of calling Klefbom up which all of us knew was the right move, here's freaking Toby Pete.... err i mean Brad ****ing Hunt again. Hunt alone might have cost the Oilers the last 2 games, not kidding.

Maybe we should all pitch in and run this organization. Hell, we couldn't do any worse than these clowns have.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
1364696841814_zpsff168fe4.gif~original

davidsitar

Apr 12, 2011
Thank god the Brad Hunt experiment is over. He definitely does not have all the tools to be successful in the NHL.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Took long enough. Gotta assume Ference isn't being suspended

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No ****, eh?

Every single one of us peasants knew that it was a bad idea to have Hunt in for Marincin and it took them 5 games to realize what we already knew and called Marincin up finally then Nikitin gets injured and instead of calling Klefbom up which all of us knew was the right move, here's freaking Toby Pete.... err i mean Brad ****ing Hunt again. Hunt alone might have cost the Oilers the last 2 games, not kidding.

Maybe we should all pitch in and run this organization. Hell, we couldn't do any worse than these clowns have.

The stupidity of the oilers upper management astounds me. They should write a book called "how to ruin an organization for dummies". I wish we had a group of owners who are fans of the team like us and truly want to win. Instead, we have an owner who doesn't give a rats ass about what happens on the ice. He just wants to make piles of money and have pizza parties with his old oilers friends (Lowe et al)

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Maybe keeping Hunt was just so Kelfbom can get his legs and game up to speed. Also, maybe just to check if he can develop an offensive game

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
Yeah I don't really have an issue with Hunt being here are a 6/7 if he's playing 15 minutes a night (or less). Give him the PP time and shelter him harder than you shelter Leon Draisaitl.

Of course that's not how he was used and you could see the results.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
It's amazing how us common folk know how to manage who should and shouldn't be on the team better than the team's management.

Joke of an organization.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
It's amazing how us common folk know how to manage who should and shouldn't be on the team better than the team's management.

Joke of an organization.

Came to post just this. Next obvious move to check off: acquire another NHL center for ****'s sake!!

McDeathbyCheerios*

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 1m1 minute ago
#Oilers have recalled Oscar Klefbom from @OKCBarons, placed Brad Hunt on waivers for purpose of assignment and placed Nikita Nikitin on IR.

Happy days! :handclap:
Oh thank freaking God.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This also likely means that Nikitin is a bit more hurt then they had hoped, possibly. Good move though.

Either that or a move is coming.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Joke of an organization.

This is news?

15K people at Recall in a draft chanting "Doan, Doan, Doan, Doan Doan"

Oilers pick Steve Kelly.

Org has been a joke since.

That was the quintessential any fan knows better moment.

The org just keeps reminding us.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Goodbye Brad. I'll always remember that time two days ago when you showed up on my front step dressed as a pylon.

IS there a trade coming? With Nikitin on the IR, we only have 6 healthy defensemen, right? Slava Voynov maybe? At least he beats something. ( allegedly) And Ferrence may be suspended. Why send Hunt down without knowing if Ferrence will miss games too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad