Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
With Runco being cut. Does he count as a player card? Ik we won’t come to the max allowed but just curious

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I think the best way to announce the captains and assistants would be during the player introductions Friday night at the season opener.

As every year they will announce the players one by one and they come out of the tunnel and into the ice. Do them either by number or alphabetically. Save the assistants and the captain for last. Make it more of a bigger reveal than just posting it online. Make the home opener more of a show.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I think the best way to announce the captains and assistants would be during the player introductions Friday night at the season opener.

As every year they will announce the players one by one and they come out of the tunnel and into the ice. Do them either by number or alphabetically. Save the assistants and the captain for last. Make it more of a bigger reveal than just posting it online. Make the home opener more of a show.
Captain will be last anyways. Sop has the highest number

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022

Would be so cool if this is what happens and Matty Sop is the captain.

Don't get me wrong, between him and Motew there is no wrong choice but just being the hometown boy, OA season, he's still got some pro prospects as he's still developing, this would be cool!

Friday is a new era. Can't wait to see everyone.

Reactions: Habsrule and Torts

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
There's a rumor that DiFelice is no longer with the team anymore. Anyone closer to the team that can confirm?

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
There's a rumor that DiFelice is no longer with the team anymore. Anyone closer to the team that can confirm?
JB said illness but who knows.Hasn’t been in any of the group pictures on the team bonding, but I guess we’ll see if they trade for a goalie by Friday. These are just kids if it is something we should respect his privacy.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
JB said illness but who knows.Hasn’t been in any of the group pictures on the team bonding, but I guess we’ll see if they trade for a goalie by Friday.
My guess is Edwards backs up Parsons for now until they sign another goalie perhaps?

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
My guess is Edwards backs up Parsons for now until they sign another goalie perhaps?
Haven’t heard anything, hopefully nothing serious if true. He’s still on the roster online which was updated today.Can’t see them burning to many of edwards game as he’s on a JR B card

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Haven’t heard anything, hopefully nothing serious if true. He’s still on the roster online which was updated today.Can’t see them burning to many of edwards game as he’s on a JR B card
Guess we will see how it plays out over the next day or two

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Will Parson play back to back this weekend or will edwards play against flint. Personally I believe in playing the starter till he needs a break but recent years they alternate.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Will Parson play back to back this weekend or will edwards play against flint. Personally I believe in playing the starter till he needs a break but recent years they alternate.
Considering Parson hasn't played in the better part of a year I'd take it easy on him in the early going. If something should happen to him we don't have a reliable goalie. Even though this is a rebuilding year that could stunt development of the team overall.

Reactions: Krangers08

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Same as Parsons. Hmm? Sounds like an insurance trade.
Who ever has the better numbers get the OA spot unless they flip one at the deadline. Difelice was at practice ( per JB article picture) so I ad assume they are in the process of finding him a JR B home?

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Who ever has the better numbers get the OA spot unless they flip one at the deadline. Difelice was at practice ( per JB article picture) so I ad assume they are in the process of finding him a JR B home?
My feeling is that if Parsons regains his form, we trade him for a boat load of picks and run with Malboeuf and Difelice. I can't see us going with 2 x 04's?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
They traded for Tristan Malboeuf. Hope all is well with Difelice
Tristan was acquired to replace DiFelice, he wont be on the team going forward.

The idea is they want Edwards with Elmira so he can develop and not sit on the bench for 50 games behind Parson.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Tristan was acquired to replace DiFelice, he wont be on the team going forward.

The idea is they want Edwards with Elmira so he can develop and not sit on the bench for 50 games behind Parson.
Did they not like DiFelice, or was it simply that they wanted a different backup option?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Very interesting. Hadn't heard anything at all, so this is news to me, and probably a lot of others.
I could be wrong about as to the why so I don't want besmirch the kids name. I just had a feeling they were moving on from him and the Tristan signing kind of leaves me to believe its more than just injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad