Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Erie wouldn’t be a fun opponent in the first round.

The Rangers did what they could to avoid Erie in the last two games with Guelph.
Was it enough?
Even I think the Storm want the Rangers. Were the Rangers sitting in the bushes playing possum the last two games? If they weren't they will be playing them short handed now. Storm has been getting healthy and getting everyone back. Erie shut out Flint last night. Some teams are jockeying for position. Others waiting to see the results.

Last edited:

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Pirate walks into a bar with steering wheel sticking out of his pants. Bartender ask if he noticed it. Pirate " Arrr it's driving me nuts". Back to hockey before Ward gives me the hook.
Not me...."I'm totally borrowing it"....👍 your royalty cheque is in the mail!

Reactions: nelli27

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Even I think the Storm want the Rangers. Were the Rangers sitting in the bushes playing possum the last two games? If they weren't they will be playing them short handed now. Storm has been getting healthy and getting everyone back. Erie shut out Flint last night. Some teams are jockeying for position. Others waiting to see the results.
I think all of Guelph, Erie, Flint, and Owen Sound want the Rangers when you consider the alternative.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
And, with Erie holding the tiebreaker over Guelph, our game vs Erie to finish the regular season will be a must win to avoid a 1st round matchup against them.

I figure they’ll be the harder opponant and no doubt London will think that too so look for them to be sure to beat Guelph in their last game. They’ll want us to play the tougher series vs Erie.

We have to hope for a two game Guelph sweep over Owen Sound AND a Ranger victory over Erie to avoid a first round matchup vs the Otters.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Sean Furfaro@seanfurfaro
·
20h
Re: the Jeff Kyrzakos suspension.

I was between the benches when he got tossed from the game.

I heard Jeff say to Darcy Burchell: “You’re the best Darcy, it’s all about you. You’ve got to be the centre of attention”

Burchell said something back which I couldn’t hear.

Kyrzakos responded with “There’s a reason you’re not in the NHL”, and was ejected from the game.

Jeff came off the bench, and walked by me on his way to the room. I was about 6 feet away from his position on the bench.

During this interaction, at NO point did I hear any profanity from Kyrzakos when he was A) speaking to Burchell from the bench, or B) on his way to the room.

I’m curious what in that interaction constituted a 2-game suspension?

MY COMMENT: Aren't we all?.........

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Sean Furfaro@seanfurfaro
·
20h
Re: the Jeff Kyrzakos suspension.

I was between the benches when he got tossed from the game.

I heard Jeff say to Darcy Burchell: “You’re the best Darcy, it’s all about you. You’ve got to be the centre of attention”

Burchell said something back which I couldn’t hear.

Kyrzakos responded with “There’s a reason you’re not in the NHL”, and was ejected from the game.

Jeff came off the bench, and walked by me on his way to the room. I was about 6 feet away from his position on the bench.

During this interaction, at NO point did I hear any profanity from Kyrzakos when he was A) speaking to Burchell from the bench, or B) on his way to the room.

I’m curious what in that interaction constituted a 2-game suspension?

MY COMMENT: Aren't we all?.........
Obviously the NHL comment. Considering he was let go by the NHL, it’ll be a sore point with him and in his eyes (and ears) likely as bad or worse than profanity.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Boulton's have got what they have deserved. No immunity card.
Except when the league has previously put in print that they'll crack down on repeat offenders, and in the case of a slew foot (upheld, not overturned which is the league's option), and supplemental discipline for >3 fights. In both instances the league gave him the minimum required punishment by the letter of the law while Sawyer had multiple suspensions prior.

Either they're cracking down on repeat offenders, or not. Once again the OHL is far from consistent in their rulings. Swick is not a repeat offender. 5 games for this when the player was out on the next PP is pretty much the maximum expected, especially with 3 being playoff games (which historically have been worth about 2 reg season). This equates to an 8 game suspension for a first time offender to a player not injured. Consistency.

Last edited:

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024
Well with the whole Swick issue and Sudbury appeal it really does suck the league backed themselves into this corner. I know if I were recruiter for the US based leagues this would just be another thing I'd use as example as to the state of the OHL and why they offer a more "predictable" experience. My one wish for the next commissioner is please bring transparency and equality to all disciplinary actions moving forward.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Well with the whole Swick issue and Sudbury appeal it really does suck the league backed themselves into this corner. I know if I were recruiter for the US based leagues this would just be another thing I'd use as example as to the state of the OHL and why they offer a more "predictable" experience. My one wish for the next commissioner is please bring transparency and equality to all disciplinary actions moving forward.
there is no way I'm believing USHL or NCAA has better referees than the CHL, and US scholarships are not as secure as the CHL.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
String Bean Swick pounding out Shorty Namestnikov wasn't the best of looks.
Namestnivkov turtled faster than a bunny in heat when Swick swooped in and showed some of that grit many of us have been asking for. In that moment, I don't think he was considering whether it was the right spot to do this. I do, however, feel that the added game suspensions were a tad excessive.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Namestnivkov turtled faster than a bunny in heat when Swick swooped in and showed some of that grit many of us have been asking for. In that moment, I don't think he was considering whether it was the right spot to do this. I do, however, feel that the added game suspensions were a tad excessive.
Namestnivkov wasn't brutalized by any means. He looked quite healthy last night getting under the skin of the Attack players. Swick should have used his size more leading up to this season and he may have garnered the attention of some pro scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad