Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Looks like Erie will be missing 5 guys (Gaudreau, and Misiak still, with Bressette, Messier and Daviault now out as well). Have to put them away early and make it so they can't stick around.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
6-2 Rangers. 2nd period the flood gates open. Rookies had one of their best games on Friday. I believe in the veterans on this team to step up today and control the game.

*Ignore this post if Burchell is the ref.
* I really hope the players don't start taking on this attitude or we're beat before we take the ice. You play the hand you're dealt.

Last edited:

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
For those who care the refs are: Chad Ingalis and Dave Lewis, with the linesmen being Kevin McArthur and Justin Noble.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Flu running through the otters
Big time, can't sleep on that though!

434403345_826822986153454_3593041498486195052_n.jpg

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brutal at times tonight, need to clean things up for game 3.

Did anyone have a better view on the hit Motew took early in the third? From my angle it looked like most of the contact was up high. Surprised there was no call on the initial hit.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Well. That sucked.

Boys just weren't skating. Lots of standing around in the D zone.

The Erie goalie, Credit to him. But he was an overage free agent signing and played like 8 games all season.

Shoot the damn puck on him. He scrambles ALOT.

Allowing Erie to take a game in Kitchener could be very costly.

Erie insurance Arena is one of the hardest buildings to win in, in the playoffs.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Too many turnovers in the offensive end led to breakaways. Breakaways that Parsons has been brutal on.

That goaltending won’t get us deep in the playoffs. I’d start Malboeuf in game three.
Rangers have had issues with their breakout for a while. On top of that they give the puck away a lot in the offensive end which results in quick odd man rushes the other way. Not sure what is going on but Erie deserves credit for a great road win. Coaching duel won by Stan Butler today. Opposing teams hate playing in Erie. Yet they all love playing at the Aud. Knight fans didn't want Erie. Wonder why?

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Rangers have had issues with their breakout for a while. On top of that they give the puck away a lot in the offensive end which results in quick odd man rushes the other way. Not sure what is going on but Erie deserves credit for a great road win. Coaching duel won by Stan Butler today. Opposing teams hate playing in Erie. Yet they all love playing at the Aud. Knight fans didn't want Erie. Wonder why?
Our team travels well. We typically have a bunch of fans on the road. On the other side, when the EIA is packed, it’s a huge advantage for us. We’ve been the underdogs for so long that we use it to our advantage.

London didn’t want us because they can’t figure out how to win in Erie.

I know you weren’t looking for an actual answer, but for a team who most don’t think should be in the OHL, we show up every time at home or on the road.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Our team travels well. We typically have a bunch of fans on the road. On the other side, when the EIA is packed, it’s a huge advantage for us. We’ve been the underdogs for so long that we use it to our advantage.

London didn’t want us because they can’t figure out how to win in Erie.

I know you weren’t looking for an actual answer, but for a team who most don’t think should be in the OHL, we show up every time at home or on the road.
Erie always seems hard to play against IMO. They don't back down from physical play. Not that the Rangers play physical.
Butler has been around for a long time. Opposing coaches have to out coach him which isn't easy.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
Opposing teams hate playing in Erie. Yet they all love playing at the Aud. Knight fans didn't want Erie. Wonder why?
You're right bobber, Knights fans didn't want Erie. As witnessed today, they're a pain to play against, and that's with the flu and Gaudreau out. If he comes back this series as rumored, look out. Still think Rangers may regret not dressing guys in game 68, and basically choosing Erie over Guelph.
Good luck rest of the way, as I think the Knights would prefer the Rangers over Erie next round.

Rangers2022

Dec 15, 2022
Parsons can't let in a goal every 4 shots.
He doesn't have the best defense helping him but he has to make some of those saves. Teams that win championships win with great goaltending and team defense. Most midpack teams are far from that blue print.
Your right Bobber and Rangers defense makes a lot of mistakes.
We had a better defense earlier in the year than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad