Kitchener/OHL prospects to watch

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
Hi. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I want to go see the Kitchener Rangers play, but I don't really know much about the OHL or the team. Do they have some good prospects to watch? It sucks that Landeskog is going to be injured for the next few weeks, he was one of the guys I wanted to go see.

Also I haven't really picked a game or anything so suggestions on that would be great too (i.e. if there's another team that has some exciting prospects that is playing Kitchener). I've heard London and Windsor are good teams. I guess ideally I should wait another few weeks till the WJC guys are back?

HemskyToHall*

Ryan Murphy is projected to go top 10 and could possibly be the first defenseman taken in the draft, but I wouldn't count on it. (Crazier things have happened - McIlirath)

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Hi. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I want to go see the Kitchener Rangers play, but I don't really know much about the OHL or the team. Do they have some good prospects to watch? It sucks that Landeskog is going to be injured for the next few weeks, he was one of the guys I wanted to go see.

Also I haven't really picked a game or anything so suggestions on that would be great too (i.e. if there's another team that has some exciting prospects that is playing Kitchener). I've heard London and Windsor are good teams. I guess ideally I should wait another few weeks till the WJC guys are back?

Yes. Another prospect is Tobias Reider. Also, Matia Marcantuoni, but not for the 2011 draft.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Like others said, Murphy, Rieder and Marcantuoni are three to watch aswell.

But get tickets as early as you can as Rangers tickets are difficult to get. I've only been able to get tickets last minute once (Thanksgiving Day)

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
Ryan Murphy is projected to go top 10 and could possibly be the first defenseman taken in the draft, but I wouldn't count on it. (Crazier things have happened - McIlirath)

Good call! Forgot about Murphy.

Yes. Another prospect is Tobias Reider. Also, Matia Marcantuoni, but not for the 2011 draft.

Like others said, Murphy, Rieder and Marcantuoni are three to watch aswell.

But get tickets as early as you can as Rangers tickets are difficult to get. I've only been able to get tickets last minute once (Thanksgiving Day)

Marcantuoni is 2012, I'm guessing? Where do you guys think Reider will go? He sounds tiny from his listed stats (5'10", 165 lbs).

Thanks for the tip BTW, would a few days be enough time in advance or are we talking weeks beforehand here?

BTW any ideas for a good opposing team with interesting/a lot of good prospects?

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
As others have said Landeskog, Murphy (both projected as high as top 5 on some scouting services), Reider (seen projected early second), Marcantuoni( 2012 potential top draft pick).

Here is the rest of the home schedule and some names that I enjoy watching. But as for tickets you generally have to get weeks in advance but the box office does tend to have single standing tickets for some of the games. Or you can take a chance on getting something on the Rangers website under their ticket marketplace. I suggest Oshawa, Mississauga (Cup Hosts), Windsor (if they dont become sellers) or Guelph as they are turning it around and its a good rival game.

Fri Jan 07 Erie Kitchener 7:30 PM (McKegg, Varone)
Fri Jan 14 Peterborough Kitchener 7:30 PM (Watson, Puempel, Quine, Koekkoek)
Fri Jan 21 Oshawa Kitchener 7:30 PM (Jenner, Jensen, Lessio, Thomas, Dehann)
Sun Jan 23 Sault Ste. Marie Kitchener 7:00 PM (Catenacci, Beukeboom)
Fri Jan 28 Windsor Kitchener 7:30 PM (Ellis, Kassian, Ebert)
Fri Feb 04 Plymouth Kitchener 7:30 PM (Aleardi, Levi)
Sun Feb 06 Sault Ste. Marie Kitchener 2:00 PM
Tue Feb 08 Guelph Kitchener 7:00 PM (Panik, Holland, Beck, Latta)
Fri Feb 11 Sarnia Kitchener 7:30 PM (Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Kerbashian)
Fri Feb 18 Mississauga Kitchener 7:00 PM (Pelley Smith, Shugg, Cizikas, Anderson)
Sun Feb 20 Sudbury Kitchener 2:00 PM (Foligno, Campagna, Sgarbossa, Sefton)
Fri Feb 25 Saginaw Kitchener 7:30 PM (McFarland, Saad, Telegin)
Tue Mar 01 London Kitchener 7:00 PM (Harrington, Knight, Tinordi)
Fri Mar 11 Owen Sound Kitchener 7:00 PM (Hishon, Blacker, Wilson)
Fri Mar 18 Plymouth Kitchener 7:30 PM

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
to add to what was already said...

Andrew Crescenzi plays for Kitchener, was signed by the Leafs as a big bottom 6 center. Marcantuoni was born in Toronto. Maxim Kitsyn may join Mississauga soon, he is an LA pick with serious offensive skill. Reider projects as a late 2nd maybe?

Plymouth has Stefan Noesen, Rickark Rackell who are draft eligible this summer, along with Jamie Devane, the Leafs draftee and Scott Wedgewood, Devils goalie prospect.

In addition to alreadly mentioned guys on Saginaw, add Vincent Trochek, likely to be a 2nd round pick this summer.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Sarnia is a very interesting team for the next draft (2012), and Oshawa has some prospects that are looking to go high in this years draft (2011). Those are two games I would watch if you're interested in the upcoming draft. And maybe the Petes game, because they got Peumple who will go high in the 2011 entry draft.

BenchedGuy got a good list over players to watch, but many of them are already drafted.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Good call! Forgot about Murphy.

Marcantuoni is 2012, I'm guessing? Where do you guys think Reider will go? He sounds tiny from his listed stats (5'10", 165 lbs).

Thanks for the tip BTW, would a few days be enough time in advance or are we talking weeks beforehand here?

BTW any ideas for a good opposing team with interesting/a lot of good prospects?

Rieder is late first to early second. If he can keep around PPG he definitely goes first round. He's not big but he's a skilled strong 2-way player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad