Prospect Info: Kirill Dolzhenkov (2022 #109, RW)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Čo tak ten 6-palcový chlap, ktorý zabodoval v lakrose?

He isn't power-forward, has very good hands. The true, he's very skill.

The interview with him. «Цель – первый-второй раунд драфта. Будет обидно, если россиян не допустят». Интервью Кирилла Долженкова .

It's enough long so I'm lazy to translate it 🥴 but this translator is really good. DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator . Or, if from Russian Yandex Translate – dictionary and online translation between English and over 90 other languages.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've been calling him "Donkey".

Does anyone know what the limitations / concerns are with Dolzhenkov? I watched some video on him a month or so ago and I couldn't figure it out. He isn't a good skater but there are worse players in the NHL. He's got hands, can bull his way to the net, seems responsible and smart.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've been calling him "Donkey".

Does anyone know what the limitations / concerns are with Dolzhenkov? I watched some video on him a month or so ago and I couldn't figure it out. He isn't a good skater but there are worse players in the NHL. He's got hands, can bull his way to the net, seems responsible and smart.
What reading I've been able to find is basically "skating skating skating and also the skating and omg have you seen how bad that skating is". So, yeah, that seems to be it. Big Guy That Doesn't Move As Well == Fool's Gold, apparently.

I so hope he proves 'em all wrong. :D

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What reading I've been able to find is basically "skating skating skating and also the skating and omg have you seen how bad that skating is". So, yeah, that seems to be it. Big Guy That Doesn't Move As Well == Fool's Gold, apparently.

I so hope he proves 'em all wrong. :D

Not that skating isn't important but sometimes prospects can find a way to get it done without it. I have a feeling that if Patric Hornqvist, or Boyle, or Mason Marchment were to put on a disguise and enter the draft, no one would draft them.

Reactions: Viqsi

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
So I was driving my family to upstate NY today and had the NHL Network on Sirius while my wife and kids all had their earbuds in. So, I didn't get to see it on TV, but I heard the pick.

Is there any truth to the rumor, that Jarmo held up a note to the camera that said "This is for you, 5th Line Fanatic!" :thumbu:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I was driving my family to upstate NY today and had the NHL Network on Sirius while my wife and kids all had their earbuds in. So, I didn't get to see it on TV, but I heard the pick.

Is there any truth to the rumor, that Jarmo held up a note to the camera that said "This is for you, 5th Line Fanatic!" :thumbu:
I don't know for sure but I'd heard that ESPN opted not to broadcast that footage in favor of talking more about Joe Sakic and the Avalanche.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I don't know for sure but I'd heard that ESPN opted not to broadcast that footage in favor of talking more about Joe Sakic and the Avalanche.
Of course ESPN bias ruins my moment!

I still love the pick. haha!

For the record, I'm going to take it as a yes, he did hold up that note, but there is no video proof of it, thanks to ESPN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad