Kingston Frontenacs 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
While I am not against resting players I do find it a bit odd that with 4 games left still they rested so many of their top guys on the same night.....they gonna do that for the 3 games they have left? Why not sit one big guy per night?

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
While I am not against resting players I do find it a bit odd that with 4 games left still they rested so many of their top guys on the same night.....they gonna do that for the 3 games they have left? Why not sit one big guy per night?

I would imagine they would play Friday. It's their own paying fans. If it were up to me, I'd sit them again Saturday, and then put them back in for Sunday to give the "playoff lineup" one last test together before the real show.

As for the 'Oshawa/Sault' argument...why should Kingston give a ***k? League final home ice should be based on the two head-to-head games anyways, IMO.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
The Frontenacs have dealt with wayyy too many injuries this year.

They finally have a full lineup and are playing amazing hockey with the playoffs less than two weeks away.. Seriously no reason to risk an injury to any of their top guys when they look like they are ready for a run.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
The Fronts handed the Generals 6 of their 11 losses on the year,winning 6 of the 8 meetings.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Hey guys,

Random question, I am in Barrie visiting my girlfriend's family and we are thinking of going to the Colts game tonight. I only really want to go if Bennett is playing though. (and Crouse to a certain extent).

Does anyone know if they will be playing, or when the lineups are usually announced. I am only gonna buy the tickets if I hear that Bennett (and Crouse) are playing.

Thanks.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Hey guys,

Random question, I am in Barrie visiting my girlfriend's family and we are thinking of going to the Colts game tonight. I only really want to go if Bennett is playing though. (and Crouse to a certain extent).

Does anyone know if they will be playing, or when the lineups are usually announced. I am only gonna buy the tickets if I hear that Bennett (and Crouse) are playing.

Thanks.

They have a game tonight in Barrie and tomorrow in North Bay.

Kingston is locked into a 1st round match-up with North Bay, so I would assume no chance Bennett/Crouse play tomorrow. If Bennett/Crouse play one of the two, tonight is the easy bet by default. Though it's possible but unlikely they sit for both.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I didn't realize there was a Kingston thread but this will be a must read in the playoffs. Go Bennett and the Fontenacs. :yo:

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Good news is the Fronts have really controlled the play and outplayed a full strength Colts team in their barn(minus Blackwood).

Bad news, I guess Watson has left the game early. Here's hoping it's completely precautionary.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Picking the Fronts as the Eastern Conference champions this year. Don't let me down boys...

OlZamMan

Apr 10, 2012
Good news is the Fronts have really controlled the play and outplayed a full strength Colts team in their barn (minus Blackwood).

Bad news, I guess Watson has left the game early. Here's hoping it's completely precautionary.

Not true on full strength Colts.
They were also without Lemieux, Prophet and Harpur.
That being said, the Fronts checked them well and didn't allow many scoring chances.
The Colts seemed to be fighting the puck, and trying to feed Blandisi who was going for the Colts single season goal scoring record.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
On This Day In History...March 26, 1998:

The Kingston Frontenacs defeated the Oshawa Generals by a score of 3 to 1 and win their opening round playoff series 4 games to 3.

Fronts goals were by Chris Allen, Michael Zizomanis and Colin Chaulk. Picking up the win in net was Curtis Cruickshank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting note, current Front Zack Dorvall wasn't even born the last time Kingston won a playoff round.

core33

Feb 22, 2015
I like to point out Kingston barely won over an Oshawa team who lost like everybody the year before. Gens took them to game seven without Bryan Allen. If Dan Hinote hand any stickhandling skills Kingston would have been out. And Kingston loaded up with Cooke.

Oshawa lost Marc savard, wilford, Lindsay, macneil, aresnault, sweitzer, zanutto, ware, snopek, Tripp, perrott (rules)

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Parikka is out for the playoffs, a skate cut his leg in practice

It is only 1 game, a very brutal game but one game no the less. The series is far from over.

Some notes:

Bennett was on the ice for 5 goals against, 1 on a NB PP, 1 on a SH goal by NB, he didn't look good on that one, Peressini came up big but then adventures in goaltending led to the goal, and for 3 ga while even strength.

Caron went braindead, how many shifts did he get 5 or 6, the first 2 he took a penalty then took another one later on in the game which led to a PPG for NB. One can play physical but one also has to play smart.

A wake up call for Kingston.

Sleemans

Sleep Well Beast
Oct 4, 2003
Kingston,Ontario
Visit site
On This Day In History...March 26, 1998:

The Kingston Frontenacs defeated the Oshawa Generals by a score of 3 to 1 and win their opening round playoff series 4 games to 3.

Fronts goals were by Chris Allen, Michael Zizomanis and Colin Chaulk. Picking up the win in net was Curtis Cruickshank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting note, current Front Zack Dorvall wasn't even born the last time Kingston won a playoff round.

That 1998 Oshawa series was the last time Kingston won a playoff round. :help:

Link

I'm going to game 4 next Thursday, so hopefully they've made it a series by then.

spencerwall

Aug 27, 2013
BATTALION VS FRONTENACS

I am rather surprised that there has been no threads on this playoff series. Both teams are in playoff mode and the games to date have been great. North bay has more depth to their lineup and are a much larger team than Kingston. Shutting down the bennet line is shutting down the fronts. If north bay gets a split in Kingston then the series will be a wrap on Friday.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
well...its over folks..3-0 in series.
Fronts players will be home for easter

hey guys I'm a Generals fan but what is happening? we have been worried about Kingston especially with Sam B. back I'm in shock we are having problems too with the Petes Oshawa just isn,t skating or clicking I hope you guys get back in the series!!!!

spencerwall

Aug 27, 2013
hey guys I'm a Generals fan but what is happening? we have been worried about Kingston especially with Sam B. back I'm in shock we are having problems too with the Petes Oshawa just isn,t skating or clicking I hope you guys get back in the series!!!!

well...take Kingston out of the recipe. Battalion are playing with determination and certainly have demonstrated to date that they are a good playoff team. As they advance deeper into the playoffs they will be challenged with injuries and defending speed but as a playoff team they will adapt.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The Petes are a better team than their record indicates. Matt Mancina is a quality goaltender and don't be surprised if the Petes win on Thursday night. They are 13-0-0-0 when they have a crowd above 2,500.

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
Welp, that's the series. Shame it had to be a sweep. :( So much pressure put on Sam Bennett, it was unfair. NB just shut him down, and that was that. The Fronts weren't winning races to the puck, nor being as physical as I would have hoped. Crouse was kind of an exception, as his work ethic really stood out the last couple games. And of course Peressini was looking good. In any case, they couldn't pull it together this time.

Looking forward to next year! Go Fronts Go! :handclap:

spencerwall

Aug 27, 2013
I just got home from the game tonight. The hit by crouse with less than a minute to play in the game was bush league. It was deliberate and late with the intent to injure. Very disappointing. Congrats North Bay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad