Kingston Frontenacs 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
I love how Kingston hands out the stars to the overage players, why not do this during the last home game of the year? Oh, I get it, there are no Kingston stars in the playoffs!!!
Brutal hit by Crouse and Lammikko taunting a down-and-out McIvor...

core33

Feb 22, 2015
In my opinion Crouse should have gotten a big suspension over the slash on Oshawa captain Josh Brown. 2mins i still shake my head at.

Anyways very surprised at Kingston, thought with Bennett back and great goaltending you could upset a few teams.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Welp, that's the series. Shame it had to be a sweep. :( So much pressure put on Sam Bennett, it was unfair. NB just shut him down, and that was that. The Fronts weren't winning races to the puck, nor being as physical as I would have hoped. Crouse was kind of an exception, as his work ethic really stood out the last couple games. And of course Peressini was looking good. In any case, they couldn't pull it together this time.

Looking forward to next year! Go Fronts Go! :handclap:

What is there to look forward to next year?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Probably Bennett; he'll see some games in Calgary next season as long as he's healthy, but he'll probably be in the AHL next season...just saying him on a line with Monahan and Gaudreau, ouff I'm excited as a Flames fan!

Bennett is only a 96 born cant play in the AHL next season,its Calgary or Kingston

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
A needless cheap shot by Crouse at the end. With a little karma maybe the hockey gods will take note.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Fronts lose their 3 overagers, Polesello, Schutt and McEneny.

Their possible overage group next year includes McGlynn, Pawley, Duchesne, Graves and Peressini.

Everyone else can return. The question is: Do you want them all to return?

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2h2 hours ago
And just like that plans change. Last night Bennett was going to Edmonton. Now it sounds like he's joining the AHL team to practice.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Yes, while Bennett may not be able to play in the AHL next year he is allowed to finish this year with his AHL club now that his OHL team's season is over.

But next year he must start either in the NHL or OHL.
Personally I'm expecting him to stick in Calgary.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Tough night for Lawson Crouse. All the scouts watching to see if he is the real thing and he goes AWOL against a stiff opponent. Couldn't win many battles in the corner, could not convert or score on North Bay goalie when the cage was wide open and several other gift chances. He did manage to hit a North Bay opponent with a cheap shot... Hope Dave Branch takes a good look at this one. Deserves about 10-15 game opening suspension when he returns to the OHL next year

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Wow what a cheap shot.
I have no respect for players who pull stuff like that.

If you look at the hit from the other video in slo-mo I think he hits the shoulder 1st then rides up and elbow is clearly down. He will get suspended because it was a match penalty and because he only got 2 minutes for the whack on Graves.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
It doesn't matter if he hits his shoulder first, it is classed as a head shot. If you check a player into the boards and not hit the players head but the other player hits his head on the glass, it is a head shot. This is as bad as it gets in the OHL eyes, compare this to all the disciplinary videos on the OHL and this one will be a heavy suspension.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Clearly a headshot.

My question is where was this when it was still a series?

8-0, Game One.....not a peep.

3-1, Game Four, 64 seconds left in the season.....sure.

I've seen plenty of Crouse this year and haven't seen a dirty player. What I saw there was a stupid, stupid play by a frustrated kid. And it's inexcusable. Branch needs to drop the hammer here and let him know that isn't acceptable in any league.

Disappointing.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
If you look at the hit from the other video in slo-mo I think he hits the shoulder 1st then rides up and elbow is clearly down. He will get suspended because it was a match penalty and because he only got 2 minutes for the whack on Graves.

It was clearly an intent to injure and he went out of his way to nail McIvor and was aiming high.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
It was clearly an intent to injure and he went out of his way to nail McIvor and was aiming high.

I see Crouse finishing a check shoulder to shoulder , Mcivor falls bangs his head on the ice. I know he will get suspended because he got a match penalty on the play automatic 3 games if Mcivor misses a lot of time it could be more...I hope Mcivor is OK.

http://gfycat.com/MeanResponsibleIvorybilledwoodpecker#

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I see Crouse finishing a check shoulder to shoulder , Mcivor falls bangs his head on the ice. I know he will get suspended because he got a match penalty on the play automatic 3 games if Mcivor misses a lot of time it could be more...I hope Mcivor is OK.

http://gfycat.com/MeanResponsibleIvorybilledwoodpecker#

McIvor's head kicks back after contact.

I'm sorry, but for him to go shoulder to shoulder, Crouse would've had to lean down into to McIvor.

The hit was all head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad