Pre-Game Talk: Kings vs Jets - Tue Feb 20 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No practice today but there will be media availability it seems.

Would love to bury the Kings and end the home stand with a win.

Kings play in Chicago tonight

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
6-2-1 in this homestand which has felt like it's been going on for 2 months. Would love to end off with a clean win before a tough back to back against the Stars and Blues on the road.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Need a clean win now.
Don't wNt 3 losses in this home stretch.

We need to keep that dominance intact.

Blitz the Kings!!!

Go Jets Go.

Hey Maurice there are other forwards on the team. Its not just 26 and 55 :)

Go Jets Go

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I’m concerned that that Laine and Ehlers are being buried and forgotten on that 3rd line. I don’t think Copp is the answer and not sure that Laine and Ehlers will develop chemistry. When Lowry is back, is he the answer? That’s what I wpuld try first. If that fails then one of Ehlers or Laine has to move up and Roslovic down.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I’m concerned that that Laine and Ehlers are being buried and forgotten on that 3rd line. I don’t think Copp is the answer and not sure that Laine and Ehlers will develop chemistry. When Lowry is back, is he the answer? That’s what I wpuld try first. If that fails then one of Ehlers or Laine has to move up and Roslovic down.

Honestly
They are kind of being that with the ice time.
But Jets keep on rolling so team comes first.

You see Laine is not as jolly in last nights game with his gesture in the bench and away from the play. He did play well though.

Im ok with Laine not being happy as long as he channels it the right way.
Not pout like Trouba Connor or Hutch.

But he seems to embrace the team so he'll be alright.

His time last game was stupid low. I understand not getting 18+ mins. 15-16 is good.
But less than 13?

Im trying to understand it on a positive way.
Like how Schiefele was being deployed before.
Laine and Schiefele will be the go to guys in the near future. So i think of this as his training years.

Laine and Ehlers style doeznt really suit the coach style but those 2 are too talented not to put up points.

Also you cannot have all north south players. Nice to have some difference.
Its probably why Jets are this good now they got a bit of everything.

Hope Laine and Ehlers seize the moment and do what tgey do best on that 3rd line.
Score goals and razzle dazzle.
But the coach got to give them a little more time though..

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Honestly
They are kind of being that with the ice time.
But Jets keep on rolling so team comes first.

You see Laine is not as jolly in last nights game with his gesture in the bench and away from the play. He did play well though.

Im ok with Laine not being happy as long as he channels it the right way.
Not pout like Trouba Connor or Hutch.

But he seems to embrace the team so he'll be alright.

His time last game was stupid low. I understand not getting 18+ mins. 15-16 is good.
But less than 13?

Im trying to understand it on a positive way.
Like how Schiefele was being deployed before.
Laine and Schiefele will be the go to guys in the near future. So i think of this as his training years.

Laine and Ehlers style doeznt really suit the coach style but those 2 are too talented not to put up points.

Also you cannot have all north south players. Nice to have some difference.
Its probably why Jets are this good now they got a bit of everything.

Hope Laine and Ehlers seize the moment and do what tgey do best on that 3rd line.
Score goals and razzle dazzle.
But the coach got to give them a little more time though..
Barkov played over 21 minutes, that's how Scheifele was being deployed. Laine's TOI was pretty low though agreed, shades of when Perreault being on the 4th line. I'm all for the matchups Maurice is trying to exploit but Laine playing under 13 minutes isn't optimal. Having said that, he played over 16 minutes against the Avs and the Jets have beaten their opponents to a bloody pulp the past two games.

Him being unhappy is nothing but perception imo.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
So what, 25 one goal games for Laine this year so far? Pretty consistent. Next year 25 two goal games and 15 one goal games. 65 goals confirmed

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
What gestures?

As long as the Jets are winning, Laine and Ehlers stay on the third line. That's for sure.

Just re watch the game.
Focus on everybody having a laugh.
He is not as usually jolly. Few times.
Probably pisses at himself as usual. :)

I never said they should be bump up?
Im actual ok having them there play with Copp than Little on the 2nd unit.

Maybe Jets only had 2 pp but when you are winning 7-2 and the ice deployment is tilted so much in favor of 2 players. What is up with that? Maurice have been doing this even pre Schiefele injury. Dragging his 2 main guys to the ground. They are not Superman.
26 and 55 got their 2nd wave of energy now. Hope it last til June.
20+ minutes for a forward is high in a blow out game.

But im happy for Schiefele 3 Star of the week!!! Go 55

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just re watch the game.
Focus on everybody having a laugh.
He is not as usually jolly. Few times.
Probably pisses at himself as usual. :)

I never said they should be bump up?
Im actual ok having them there play with Copp than Little on the 2nd unit.

Maybe Jets only had 2 pp but when you are winning 7-2 and the ice deployment is tilted so much in favor of 2 players. What is up with that? Maurice have been doing this even pre Schiefele injury. Dragging his 2 main guys to the ground. They are not Superman.
26 and 55 got their 2nd wave of energy now. Hope it last til June.
20+ minutes for a forward is high in a blow out game.

But im happy for Schiefele 3 Star of the week!!! Go 55
Scheifele and Wheeler's usage are pretty much on par with other top players in the league. Especially guys that play both PP and PK. Seems like a made up worry considering how dominant both have been. Scheif had a 16 game rest and should be fine from here on out. I've never seen Wheeler not able to go full steam so until that ever happens no need to worry IMO.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

Why, Rosie is playing a better game than both of them and proving he can handle the harder match ups.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We have three lines that are serious threats to score. How many pages of posts did we have from people wanting exactly that?

I recall telling people that some players ice time would suffer if they went that way

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
2a088ccbccf32486d14a4a443b4383460e547f4a.jpg

LETS DO THIS

Reactions: Aggie204

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Well the Hawks didn't necessarily tire the Kings out so they shouldn't be too tired. Quick went tonight so I imagine it's Kuemper tomorrow for them.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Scheifele and Wheeler's usage are pretty much on par with other top players in the league. Especially guys that play both PP and PK. Seems like a made up worry considering how dominant both have been. Scheif had a 16 game rest and should be fine from here on out. I've never seen Wheeler not able to go full steam so until that ever happens no need to worry IMO.
Haha KBo you always argue with me on this.
You have a valid point :).

But you know there are games Wheeler was gassed out. Can't even move.

Anyways Wheeler and Schiefele are beast.
And
This is not NBA when its blow out you sit and rest star players. :)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think we can knock off the Kinks - my call is the Jets by 2 or more goals. Now that we're rolling, and coming in waves at teams, we look unstoppable.

I'll be watching with my popcorn ready !!! :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad